Making your own carrying case

dutchroots

I was wondering if anyone here has made their own hard shell case for their metal detector. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult if you can find the raw materials. A plain hard shell case and some foam padding that you can cut into your own pattern.

But where can you find these materials?

A deep rifle case is a great way to accomplish this. If you can find one with a hard plastic outer that'd be key. Typically the deeper rifle cases are metal on the outside.

The cases I've seen on the web are generally priced higher than the official Whites hard case at $99. Maybe it would just be easier to go with that one.

I have seen people make carrying cases from Golf travel cases and archery cases. Both are hard plastic and easily customizable.

I have seen people make carrying cases from Golf travel cases and archery cases. Both are hard plastic and easily customizable.

I would definitely agree with the archery case...

Do you want a case that you'll have to break down the detector, or leave it fully assembled?

Broken down or fully assembled. Either way is fine with me. I guess it's just a matter of how you're going to use it. My original idea was to get something that I'd be able to carry on an airplane, and that would require breaking down the detector. Still, I don't see too many low cost alternatives other than the simple plastic bow cases you guys mentioned. All the other 'specialty' cases are kinda pricey.

Thanks for the suggestions, though. I'll keep searching on the web.

Back
Top Bottom