headlamp

I'm not sure if it was a Christmas only thing. But WalMart had a battery operated spot light with a free headlamp both led based for 17 bucks.
I've been impressed with the spotlight so far. Yet to try the headlamp
But seems well made. Made by Stanley..
Spot light also used lithium ion which isn't cheap technology.
Saving message now ill see if I can find on their website

I don't see the same deal, I see the spot light without the bonus headlamp.
But I found this one close a little more cash. But I've been impressed.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-FL5W10-Stanley-Fatmax-Waterproof-LED-Spotlight/21708661

Hope this may help

Take your pick http://princetontec.com/byte

Have had the Princetontec EOS for years and still working great. They are a little expensive but when they say made tough and waterproof they mean it.
The EOS doesn't have a red LED so bought two different so called waterproof headlamps from China both failed while hunting in the rain :lol:

The Princetontec headlight has been used underwater a few times and no problems.

Thinking of getting the BYTE for night hunting.

I''m looking for something that can be dimmed down. I usually keep it off and on click it on when finished digging up a target. There is nothing like a bright light and a guy swinging a strange machine that screams "drink a few beers and then come and annoy the sh*t out of me"

I''m looking for something that can be dimmed down. I usually keep it off and on click it on when finished digging up a target. There is nothing like a bright light and a guy swinging a strange machine that screams "drink a few beers and then come and annoy the sh*t out of me"

NOXX "Xplorer" 5 Watt CREE LED
3 different settings, low, high, flashing .. 2569 lumens

Expensive but it's good up to 240 yards when focused to a smaller beam. Perfect when your on the beach at night and some kids are shooting you with a laser light from a distances. Just shoot them back and they stop everytime.

Steve you want a light with colored lamps if you want to go low profile...

This is first and foremost an Audio Sport..you can do it completely blind if you want...in fact, its probably the best way to roll, your ears get really sharp if your eyes are not involved.....you can hunt heads up, full on audio, and keep an eye out on the horizon for approaching vertical bipeds...they will NOT see you, but you will see them on account of your eyes adjust to the dark....around here, you go swinging down a beach in the dead hours with a headlamp on and you WILL attract all sorts of unwanted attention, and they can sneak right up on you easy...best to hunt dark, no lights at all, maybe carry a small sharp LED light pinned to the front of your shirt to deploy to blind any approaching reprobate that happens to catch your profile from the pier lights...of course your situation may vary, but around here, go out completely dark or wait until Sun-up...even stone cold blind you can feel a ring or coin denominations and all that...you have a huge advantage if you get comfortable rolling dark...
Mud

I have been a big fan of my Black Diamond Storm headlamps! Some key features I like include: Ability for infinite adjustment levels between the highest and lowest settings, no rear battery pack, the on/off button is big enough to operate with big bulky winter gloves, flood and focused beam, excellent durability and IPX7 rating. I pretty much strictly hunt at night and this is the headlamp I use 100% of the time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 343
Warning, don't click the following link unless you want to geek out about headlamps - it's some heavy reading for sure:

http://m.outdoorgearlab.com/Best-Headlamp

That said, I went with the Black Diamond Revolt because of the usb recharging (and it can still use regular AAA batteries). I use it ALOT in the summer and it never lets me down!

I shopped around and scored one for $45.

Good luck!

3 different settings, low, high, flashing

3 settings huh? Work mode, mood lighting mode and Party.:grin:

I actually have Streamlight Trident, I believe. It has a zenon bulb(prolly had it 10 years) also has a gree. Lower power LEDs I use when getting to the wood woods that might work for night park hunters. I myself just never did any night detecting.

I have been a big fan of my Black Diamond Storm headlamps! Some key features I like include: Ability for infinite adjustment levels between the highest and lowest settings, no rear battery pack, the on/off button is big enough to operate with big bulky winter gloves, flood and focused beam, excellent durability and IPX7 rating. I pretty much strictly hunt at night and this is the headlamp I use 100% of the time.

That is the best headlamp I've ever had. I use it hand for duck hunting detecting fishing and has never let me down. Great product...

3 different settings, low, high, flashing .. 2569 lumens

Expensive but it's good up to 240 yards when focused to a smaller beam. Perfect when your on the beach at night and some kids are shooting you with a laser light from a distances. Just shoot them back and they stop everytime.

Steve you want a light with colored lamps if you want to go low profile...

Hello OBN and all the best for 2016 my friend :-)

Don't you look like a lighthouse with all this power? :lol:

I prefer to use red light at night time. I use a Petzl Tactikka + RGB Headlamp which is enough for night detection even in the shallow. Battery consumption is low and overall quality is really good.

226349.jpg

X2!!

I have one similar to yours that I bought for my Spain hike in 2012. I used it for my hike in 2015 as well, in addition to camping with my Scouts. That thing is bright! It doesn't pivot like yours though. If I ever add night time detecting I might get that one.

Felix...............I'm a little surprised they let you back in the country :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom