Prepared for Irma

Dew, hunker down.

If you can escape get to Brevard county. I think we are the safest spot in Florida right now (fingers crossed)

Good luck.

The news was showing tornadoes coming ashore in Ft. Lauderdale last night. Stay safe!

I was also watching Fox in the morning. Metal detector and it was you Felix, cool, be safe and post some pictures after it's over of your detecting. News also had a piece of an entire beach being cleared of sand, wow

Downgraded from a 5 down to a 2 due to a small shift near Cuba. Surprise surprise. Some people must feel pretty stupid paying x10 for airtickets and hotel gouging. Great for stocks and government stats though

Steve

Its not over, till the back side surge, winds, rain, tornado's leave and the fat lady sing's bro., this was a huge storm, more damage to come tomorrow to Florida . :D Ps hope it stays West, i don't even want the rain from that beast, some Florida towns are getting 15-20 inches of ran ,THAN THE SERGE COMES:shock: not good, happy hunting Earl

Its not over, till the back side surge, winds, rain, tornado's leave and the fat lady sing's bro., this was a huge storm, more damage to come tomorrow to Florida . :D Ps hope it stays West, i don't even want the rain from that beast, some Florida towns are getting 15-20 inches of ran ,THAN THE SERGE COMES:shock: not good, happy hunting Earl

Far far from the quick get out of town and spend some money or else portrayed by the media. These clowns should be jailed.... long airline stocks

Steve

Agree , price gouging from 711's , Air lines , Gas stations, and the list goes on should be held accountable , also the money the government send's , all the donation's , should be monitored , so those fund's hit the one's effected directly, 1st Texas , now Florida, the good thing is when a state has devastation, all the other states resources come together to help, United we stand bro. , stand strong NY looks like they are on the cross hairs of Jose next :shock:, it's be a bad year for storm's, happy hunting , Earl PS Florida hunter's how did you make out in the storm's ?

I am from the Clearwater area (Tampa and Largo) and the assessment is little damage to structures but power and downed lines are an issue. I evacuated to Jacksonville Fl to stay with family there. The storm was quite strong here too but most of the damage is south of Tampa. We are still getting strong gusts but seeing blue sky at times is nice. 5 days of rain here because they had a nor easter storm then high tropical storm winds. Winds here were up to 70 mph.

Anything is possible. I just want to be on the west side of this thing.
Glad to hear from Larry that you guys have generator power. Every here made is safe. Might be able to hunt the beach tomorrow???? Would love to see you guys.

Glad to hear from Larry that you guys have generator power. Every here made is safe. Might be able to hunt the beach tomorrow???? Would love to see you guys.

We are both safe. I lost the beautiful rain tree in my front yard and a section of my privacy fence but overall the house seems to be okay. US 1 is closed to all traffic Northbound and Southbound from SR 16 to SR 207.

ALL bridges leading to the beaches are closed in St. Augustine and Jacksonville and may not reopen for days and in some cases perhaps weeks! I can't get anywhere near the beaches yet :( Much of St. Augustine is flooded and there's massive flooding on Anastasia Island. :(

Keeping an ear to the news for when they reopen the bridges. Hope to see you out there if you're coming this way!

Attachments

• Tree Irma.jpg
    Tree Irma.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 107
Itsaring

Will come over and fire up his chain saw cap, privacy fencing is cheap, you got away ok , could have been worse, the worst is the beach closures, you will be going nut's :yes:

We are both safe. I lost the beautiful rain tree in my front yard and a section of my privacy fence but overall the house seems to be okay. US 1 is closed to all traffic Northbound and Southbound from SR 16 to SR 207.

ALL bridges leading to the beaches are closed in St. Augustine and Jacksonville and may not reopen for days and in some cases perhaps weeks! I can't get anywhere near the beaches yet :( Much of St. Augustine is flooded and there's massive flooding on Anastasia Island. :(

Keeping an ear to the news for when they reopen the bridges. Hope to see you out there if you're coming this way!
I am already this way. I am with my Brother and family near Julington Creek. 25 minutes to Jax beach, 40 to Hugenot my old stomping grounds.

Was doing good until 5am then a tornado smashed my nextdoor neighbor. Knocked down 12 huge oak trees, took the back off of his house and most of his metal roof. Dropped half of the debris on his cars and the rest is in my yard. Then it flattened 4 of my big oaks. We're trapped and can't get out.
Our power went out last night at 11pm came back on at 6pm today and died again after 2 minutes.

Worst of all, I can't get out and swing.

Back
Top Bottom