Advice on purchase

Tonyzx10r

Hey everybody I'm new here but not new to the Hobby I've been in and out of the Hobby for the last 5 or 6 years the last detector I had was a bounty hunter tracker 5 I think a magnet on a string would have done a better job but I'm ready to try it again I've got it narrowed down to two choices the F22 and the f44 my question is is the f44 worth the extra cost any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hey everybody I'm new here but not new to the Hobby I've been in and out of the Hobby for the last 5 or 6 years the last detector I had was a bounty hunter tracker 5 I think a magnet on a string would have done a better job but I'm ready to try it again I've got it narrowed down to two choices the F22 and the f44 my question is is the f44 worth the extra cost any advice would be greatly appreciated

If you have the money go for the 44.
Backlight, manual ground balance, ground grab, bigger coil,an all metal setting and one extra hunting program all onboard but not on the F22.
Different hunters like different features but for me the all metal, ground grab and manual ground balancing would push me over to the F44.
I have a few detectors with preset GB and they are ok, but being able to hunt at optimum levels gives me piece of mind.
The bigger coil and all metal setting will also enable you to get a bit more depth or at the very least better ID's at depth.

I own 2 Fishers...it doesn't take long for any of them to pay for themselves many times over in my experience.

My F2 was a huge upgrade over that Tracker...the F44 Is even upgraded over that model.

I don't have any experience with the F22/F44 or many detectors of this price range for that matter, but I would go for the Manual GB if nothing else. Also, remember Garrett has a few new machines coming out in your price range. Also, Tesoro makes great machines at a very good price. You could buy a very nice used Vaquero for that price......just a thought. Good Luck!

Thanks everyone ...it's going to be the Fisher f44 I ordered it from Big Boy Hobbies today

Back
Top Bottom