I'm not trying to be difficult...

I like to deal with a dealer that will stand behind what they sell and offer assistance if you need it. I will buy and sell occasionally on the classifieds but I usually try to deal with Chuck at Indian Nations. He is great guy to deal with and has good prices new and used.

Hey All,

Kellyco has an Amazon Store if you want to buy from Kellyco and use your Amazon Gift Cards it would be a win win for you.

http://amazon.kellycodetectors.com

Check it out...

Dan

I've been contemplating buying a MD for a couple of months now. I'm a hunter and have easy access to about 700 acres of land here in Connecticut, USA. I have a couple of guidelines for purchase:

- available through Amazon.com as I have gift cards there
- OK for use by a tall person 6'5"
- Rugged as it will work in a forested area, not on a beach
- be about $250 or less

Our lands have been inhabited by people for 100s of years so I'd like to be able to pick up coins, but also items that may be historical

I'm leaning towards the Garret Ace 250, but have seen some bad reviews here in the forum for that model so I'm sketchy on the purchase now.

You may also find, that although you order your detector via Amazon, it could
come direct from one of the forum sponsors.

I know that often happens with goods bought in the UK. Amazon don't stock
everything.

As said, the main advantage with buying direct from a dealer, is that you can
often negotiate a better deal over the phone, beating the advertised price.
Or getting some goodies thrown in.

You are getting good advice already, but just a heads-up, if you have that much ground to search it won't be long before you feel the upgrade bug.

A light, fast, deep detector with a larger search coil and a relic hunting rep would be best. Tesoro Tejon and Vaquero are good bets, Teknetics T2 and it's cousin the Fisher F75 are worth a look when the time comes.

There is another option....you could sell your amazon giftcards on ebay..you usually get within a couple of dollars of them and then if you took the money in paypal youll end up about 15% less moneywise and then most of the people on here will take paypal for the machines they are selling and even some sponsors....youll probably save the difference but look into it first to make sure after ebay and paypal fees you have enough to get something nice.

Also the ace 250 gets a bad wrap but most of it is comparing it to something else....as a first machine most machines are going to surfice to learn from...and plenty of people who have begun learning on the ace 250 and even 150 have raved about how good they were for beginners

! Options !

I've been contemplating buying a MD for a couple of months now. I'm a hunter and have easy access to about 700 acres of land here in Connecticut, USA. I have a couple of guidelines for purchase:

- available through Amazon.com as I have gift cards there
- OK for use by a tall person 6'5"
- Rugged as it will work in a forested area, not on a beach
- be about $250 or less

Our lands have been inhabited by people for 100s of years so I'd like to be able to pick up coins, but also items that may be historical

I'm leaning towards the Garret Ace 250, but have seen some bad reviews here in the forum for that model so I'm sketchy on the purchase now.

Hi CTStalker,

You live in an interesting area with low to high mineralization, and if you plan on detecting in adjoining states you might want to move up to a detector with ground balancing. A Fisher F4 would give you this, and we sell it on Amazon, just search for F4 and click on the link that says 15 new, and then click on Kellyco.

If you just plan on detecting in your immediate area, the a ACE 250 is a good detector, but I think you'd be better off getting the F4.

Good luck, and great use of those gift cards!:yes:

I personally would look into the Fisher F2 with DD coil option... runs about $300. DD coils cover more ground per sweep at depth, which is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom