Recovery NOT

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Well i didnt hunt yesterday..... so i was doing what i do best sleeping in my chair when i got a text from my daughter-in-law asking me if i would come help someone who lost their wedding ring. She manages one of the local beach resorts and gets these sometimes. So i grabbed my stuff and headed down. Got there and listened to his story about how he had his wedding ring in a cup as he stepped off the boat and dropped it at the end of the dock. It was a normal size band made of silver and should be RIGHT THERE. I walked out to the end of the dock and first thing i ask was how deep is it there..... oh only about 6' (im 5'9" on my toes).:laughing::laughing::laughing: I said this aint going to happen this time of the year with our tides. He then said...... well cant you dive or snorkel for it. I kind of laughed.... and said yes i live in FL but not all of us dive..... as far as snorkel i said i think i have a mask you can use.:lol:

Anyway..... i said well let me just see how deep it really is. Started walking to the location and it was about shoulder deep.... so i said ill try it. Got the gear and headed back out. Figured id turn the sensitivity way down on the Nox and should be simple since it was really clean walking along the side of the dock. Got at the end.... and got what i expected.... drop offs from boat engines..... but that wasnt the real surprise. I was tripping all over stuff... BIG stuff.... wide stuff. swung the detector over it OVERLOAD everywhere i swung. Metal beams and just a bunch of iron every where. I gave him the bad news ..... and again offered him a mask...:laughing: If it was GOLD.... the pirate in me might have come out and id been on it like Scuba detector..... but not for silver.

Good story, and so true in many ways.

I agree, gold makes one push it to the limit! :pirate2:

I didn't know the Equinox gave overload signals. It doesn't on cans here.

Some folks think white gold and platinum are silver?

Some think stainless steel is silver also!

Eck sounds like a pain. I hate bumping into, or having waves push stuff on my feet/legs when I can't see what it is. The way some of those FL docks look, I would have to be highly motivated :no: :roll: :)

Nice try, but silver? :roll: The gas you spent to get there was probably worth more.

Probably

A sunk boat lift, ya no metal detecting happening their , he probably new it was dangerous that's why , he was jerking your leg to look , good job , safe , and smart Dew . :good:

Guy drops his silver ring while Getting off of a boat.. that's like saying a guy ripped his jogging pants while Getting out of his Ferrari :lol:

Steve ...... you missed the part where he had it in a CUP not on his finger. I was just told wedding ring...... i didnt assume silver. I did offer him a look at my silver rings.:laughing: Sometimes ....... helping people is just worth the laugh.

Steve ...... you missed the part where he had it in a CUP not on his finger. I was just told wedding ring...... i didnt assume silver. I did offer him a look at my silver rings.:laughing: Sometimes ....... helping people is just worth the laugh.

I probably would have done the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom