Couple questions on a Nox 600. And what the wife thinks.

tinsmith

Elite Member
Part one: Hey, anyone with a 600 use after market- fast aptX™ Low Latency / Bluetooth headphones?
Also does a Nox 600 usually come with screen savers? If new in the box.

Part two : Im on a fence with a Vanquish 540 and a Nox 600. The wife of 35 years said. "Order the better one or you'll soon regret it". Haha. I really wanted to stay about 500 and no more! I just wanted to try this multi IQ. I was all set to find a deal on a new Vanquish. Now she says this!! So really I'd appreciate it if any Nox 600 owners could answer one of the above questions. Thanks

Part one: Hey, anyone with a 600 use after market- fast aptX™ Low Latency / Bluetooth headphones?

Part two : Im on a fence with a Vanquish 540 and a Nox 600. The wife of 35 years said. "Order the better one or you'll soon regret it". Haha. I really wanted to stay about 500 and no more! I just wanted to try this multi IQ. I was all set to find a deal on a new Vanquish. Now she says this!! So really I'd appreciate it if any Nox 600 owners could answer one of the above questions. Thanks

Heard a rumor (so take this with a grain of salt) that the Apex will be multi and priced to compete with the Simplex/Vanquish. So maybe wait until the 15th and see what Garrett announces...might add another machine to the list to make things more confusing...lol...I mean it might not be up to Nox 600 standards but if this rumor is true it should be as good or better than the Simplex or Vanquish. So the 600 still might end up being a better option for performance but not price.

The one thing I think could happen and hurt the Apex is if Garrett announces what could be potentially a fantastic machine but then doesn't make it available to purchase for several months.

I think the 540 is a great deal at $369 and very close to the performance of an Equinox 600 but the added features of the 600 are well worth the extra $$$ to me. More adjustable settings, waterproof and an internal rechargeable lithium battery just to name a few. I do not like the power setup in the Vanquish . I have had problems with the machine not wanting to turn on or will randomly shut off. Adjusting batteries usually remedies this. I have also used several types of inexpensive(less than $30) aptxll headphones on my Equinox with great success

Last edited:
I would get the Nox 600 and your wife is right. Spend the money now and you will save later.

I have used Bluetooth headphones with my Nox 600. I actually use the wired if in headphones that came with the Nox. I have other expensive headphones that I used with it also.

GLHH

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Is it worth hearing I told you so from the wife for the next 30 years if you go the cheaper route . Might also affect the next time you want to upgrade.:laughing::laughing:

I've seen this movie before. She is setting you up ! You better go cheap. Because after you buy the more expensive Nox , she's gonna hit you up for something she's been wanting and I'm sure it's not the cheapest one. Your going to need that extra cash for her do-icky.

Without a doubt the 600. I have used 540, 600, 800 and if you want to stay around 500 i have seen plenty of 600's that people have barely unboxed and then sell for around 525 or so. And you can order the exact brand headphones that minelab uses,,, it just will not say minelab on the side of them.

Without a doubt the 600. I have used 540, 600, 800 and if you want to stay around 500 i have seen plenty of 600's that people have barely unboxed and then sell for around 525 or so. And you can order the exact brand headphones that minelab uses,,, it just will not say minelab on the side of them.

The stock ML headphones which are bundled with the 800, sucks compared to my TROND Hps I added to the Equinox 600. I own both the 600 and 800 btw.

The 600 with proven aftermarket headphones, is a hard deal to beat.

Tell your wife she is right (score points!) and get the Equinox 600. I just picked up a NOX 600, loving it so far. I watched and found a used one for $525 which included the 6" coil and the Miccus headphones. The guy just didn't gel with the machine. Keep a sharp eye out and you can get a good deal.

I believe the NOX does come with screen protectors. Mine has one on it in English and 2 packs with a variety of other languages. I'm not sure that will matter as the print is small I'll probably use the foreign language ones when it is time to change.

On the headphones, other model APTX LL headphones work great, however there have been many threads of people reporting incompatibilities. I've read hundreds of posts on the topic and I'm not sure if there is a consensus on why. It could be the Bluetooth version (4.2 vs 5.0) or it could be the components (chip) used for the Bluetooth.

Good luck!

Dude, what is wrong with you??? If the WIFE gave you the go ahead....DO IT!! lol.

On a serious note, if you ever want to hunt in water, the Nox is waterproof to 10 feet.

Good luck!

Excellent advice by those who are recommending the Equinox 600. If you buy used and carefully you will save some money and still have some warranty left since all Equinox detectors are around 2 years old and have a 3 year fully transferrable warranty. If you buy new you will get lots of screen protectors. Check with some of the sponsors who may be able to bundle a great deal together for you.

Jeff

On the headphones, other model APTX LL headphones work great, however there have been many threads of people reporting incompatibilities. I've read hundreds of posts on the topic and I'm not sure if there is a consensus on why. It could be the Bluetooth version (4.2 vs 5.0) or it could be the components (chip) used for the Bluetooth.

Good luck!

I think it’s unlikely to be the Bluetooth version causing incompatibility - if I understand correctly, the Equinox runs Bluetooth 4.1, so any earbuds running 4.1 or higher should be compatible from a version perspective. Bluetooth 5.0 is backwards compatible with previous versions, just some newer 5.0 features such as extended range and increased speed aren’t available. I use two different Aukey EP-B80 earbud sets, which are Bluetooth v5.0, and they work just fine with my EQ800 (and with much better sound quality than the stock headphones, IMO!) They will work equally well with the EQ600.

I think it’s unlikely to be the Bluetooth version causing incompatibility - if I understand correctly, the Equinox runs Bluetooth 4.1, so any earbuds running 4.1 or higher should be compatible from a version perspective. Bluetooth 5.0 is backwards compatible with previous versions, just some newer 5.0 features such as extended range and increased speed aren’t available. I use two different Aukey EP-B80 earbud sets, which are Bluetooth v5.0, and they work just fine with my EQ800 (and with much better sound quality than the stock headphones, IMO!) They will work equally well with the EQ600.

"I use two different Aukey EP-B80 earbud sets, which are Bluetooth v5.0, and they work just fine with my EQ800"

I bought those same earbuds and they failed to work with my 600. Tried everything before sending them back for a refund. I also happen to own half a dozen sets of BT 4.1 headphones. A few work, it's hit and miss.

It isn't as simple as using BT 4.1 labeled HPs. The LL feature is important. The buds I tried, due to advice from this site, were BT 5.0 LL, and they failed. jm2c

Here is a link to a post that I pulled back up talks about the earbuds that I currently use on my 600.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=275442

"I use two different Aukey EP-B80 earbud sets, which are Bluetooth v5.0, and they work just fine with my EQ800"

I bought those same earbuds and they failed to work with my 600. Tried everything before sending them back for a refund. I also happen to own half a dozen sets of BT 4.1 headphones. A few work, it's hit and miss.

It isn't as simple as using BT 4.1 labeled HPs. The LL feature is important. The buds I tried, due to advice from this site, were BT 5.0 LL, and they failed. jm2c

I use the same earbuds that AirmetTango has. I use them on my 600 and have no issues sorry they did not work for you.

According to your posts in this earbud thread, you didn’t have the Aukey EP-B80 earbuds that I’m talking about. You had purchased the EP-B58 model that a different poster (jl1252) mentions in that thread. They are a distinctly different model, including their lack of wrap around style “ear hangers”, which led to your other problem of not being able to keep them in your ears. More importantly, the EP-B58 model is not aptX LL - they are aptX HD only, which is a big difference (and may also explain the much lower price). Yes, I’m aware that the Amazon ad says they are low latency, but keep in mind, that ad was not written by Aukey. Anyway, I’m afraid you confused the two models in that thread, and you’re confusing them here, too.

I have two sets of EP-B80 earbuds, and both work extremely well, and connect with full low latency support (“+” symbol is displayed). I’ve also recommended them to several others, with the same results.

I’m sorry the Aukey model you bought didn’t work, but I’m glad to hear the Trond earbuds you have are working well.

I use the same earbuds that AirmetTango has. I use them on my 600 and have no issues sorry they did not work for you.

Yes, the EP-B80 earbuds work very nicely with the Equinox units, both 800 and 600. Other models from the same brand apparently behave differently, so it’ll be important to pay close attention to the model numbers for anyone wishing to purchase their own set.

Thank you all for all the great info. Your responses on the HP's are very useful. And I see about all would choose the 600 over a Vanquish.

Back
Top Bottom