Gold ring

OkieDigger

Forum Chipmunk
Forum Supporter
My first significant find with the E-Trac. I got permission to hunt an old church. The pastor wanted me to try and find his friend's daughter's class ring she had lost a couple of years ago. I also wanted to test the new 6x8 SEF coil I got. The third target I dug was the ring. The coil is doing well, deepest coin dug so far is a 1944 wheat at 5". I'm hoping it'll go deeper than that if there are any deeper coins.

Attachments

• 10kring.jpg
    10kring.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 306
Beautiful ring, and how wonderful that you were able to recover it for the pastor's friend's daughter!!! How long ago did she lose it? What was the VDI reading and depth, if you remember?

If the church is very old, there could be some good potential targets! Be sure to keep us updated on your churchyard finds! :grin:

~ Oops, just reread your post, and you did actually mention when she lost the ring!

Very nice Dale, your E-Trac did the trick. Nice machine you got there. Sure you can find some Silver with it too..

Bruce

Nice ring! I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences with the 6x8 coil. I've read nothing but good things about it so far.

Well thats good the paster got her ring back, nice find. I really dislike class rings. I'm compelled to return them but have always failed and feel somewhat guilty once they go to the scrap pile like I could have tried harder.

At least there was more than one paster looking over your shoulder:?:

WTG
Jamie

WTG on finding the ring Dale! It has to feel good to be able to find something like that and be able to return it to the owner. I am sure she will be thrilled to have it back!

What was the VDI reading and depth, if you remember?

If the church is very old, there could be some good potential targets! Be sure to keep us updated on your churchyard finds! :grin:

I was using the E-Trac this time instead of the MXT or M6. The FE CO was 12-17 and the depth was only around 1". It hit hard with the little coil and didn't sound like aluminum trash.

I love hunting old churches, though I have a feeling someone has cherry picked this one quite a few years back.

Nice ring! I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences with the 6x8 coil. I've read nothing but good things about it so far.

I plan on updating the E-Trac social group sometime today on my very short hunt with it last night. I also plan on going back to the church tomorrow and hitting it again with the SEF before using the Pro coil.

That's about the only way to get to detect any of the churches around here... wait till they need a favor.... Awesome job Dale!

He was going to let me hunt it anyway, but he was hoping I could find it. I usually get permission to hunt churches here, unless they're Catholic then it's impossible for some reason. :?:

Thanks everyone! This is the first modern class ring I have found. It felt very good to find it and I'm happy that I'm able to return it. :D

Back
Top Bottom