Winter blues..Decided to try my hand at making a Sand scoop

boretti4blues

Elite Member
I've been bored lately since we have all this snow on the ground so I decided to try a make a plastic sand scoop. I hardly ever go to the beach to hunt...but I am really considering since the woods and parks are covered with a foot of snow. I am itching to get out and detect. If I like beach hunting I will break down and buy a heavy duty scoop but for now $4.50 for a scoop then a few hole modifications...BAM!! Hope this works:D

Attachments

• Sand Scoop_1.JPG
    Sand Scoop_1.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 570
  • Sand Scoop_2.JPG
    Sand Scoop_2.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 543
Too funny Dave......Nice job for 4 bucks, can't beat it. Found that little gold bracelet at the beach, could be good for you!!! I have my wife working on a small Mod for me. Post it when she is done.

That'll work for a while, nice job!...Bring a dirt digging tool also, sometimes the sand freezes. I haven't tried dirt digging yet this year, ground's probably frozen solid under the snow...hunting the beaches has been the only option. Cold and windy out there, but the finds are worth it.

That'll work for a while, nice job!...Bring a dirt digging tool also, sometimes the sand freezes. I haven't tried dirt digging yet this year, ground's probably frozen solid under the snow...hunting the beaches has been the only option. Cold and windy out there, but the finds are worth it.

Yep..very cold. Jressman, Dinosaur1 and I lasted 2.5 hour today in these blizzard conditions. Not very fun! We call it quits early. Had enough of 30mph gusts and snow. Dedication!!!! Haha! I tried the scoop once and realized it will not cut the mustard since the sand is wet, stoney and a little frozen. Dry sand it will work great. I ended up using my sampson, love that shovel!!

Probably good for dry sand, but I hit a beach last Christmas and it was like concrete. My special forces shovel wouldn't put a dent in it, but that was freshwater. Not sure if saltwater beaches freeze the same. Hope it works as long as you need it to :yes:

Nice job boretti. It should work good for dry sand. I made one out of a bucket feed scoop a few yrs ago. I still need to make the holes bigger on it tho. HH and GL

Back
Top Bottom