My last thread was about my wife only finding Big Silver...

AKdetector

As of this evening, I have started calling my wife "Big Silver".

Yes, she struck again. She has found only 3 silver coins in the past month....the '51 Franklin, the '79 Morgan....(a once in a life time coin for us)...and then tonight we go to our spot within a mile of our house that we have done a thousand times.... It's a nasty mud beach. And of course, she does her thing.

We watched a half of football and still had 2 hours before dark so we went to the beach below our house...it's our old standby spot, to scratch the itch on a nice evening before the big freeze comes our way.

I am on the lower slope of the beach cut on mostly clay....and feeling lucky to find the occasional felix beach clad. She is above me in more fluffy sand, but does her thing and pulls out a 1929 Walker.

My wife is now known as "Big Silver" ....She is the best treasure I will ever hope to find.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_0128.jpg
    IMG_0128.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 255
Congrats to your wife! Get used to it, my wife finds the best find of the hunt many times, not big silver though...yet. Love the dog too!

Wow, big congrats to her, and you!!

Me suspects she holds her coil too high..;)

<°)))>{

Go Big Silver! Great work! And she is running the Pro on that black salt sand/mud even! No troubles for Her huh?
Mud

She runs the ATP wide open, no discrim and full power all the time. This beach is covered in big nails and various other iron objects... but she has evolved hearing that can tell the difference between a coin and a false. The first few months she tried this it was driving her crazy with hot rock falsing...but now she can hear the difference. She metal detects wet salt black sand right along side me and the CTX.

Twice I have heard a coin on the big coil CTX that she couldn't hear due to less depth...but other than that she has adjusted to using the ATP where most would not dare.

NOTE: We both put up with constant chatter by running no discrim. that would drive some people bonkers. But, with the dense iron....its the only way to hear the good targets mixed in.

Good luck to all here.

Congrats on another big silver!
Running my AT Pro wide open with iron audio on is maddening in most ground I hunt. I usually run 30-33 iron and it still does a good job in most cases with a lot less noise. Hats off to her for taking the time to get used to all the grunting. Especially around lots of hot rocks. God knows I've tried, but it makes me crazy!
Seriously considering getting a NEL Storm coil for mine. 2-3 more inches would make it a whole new machine.

Back
Top Bottom