cell phone tripod

Dig-on

Forum Supporter
Thinking about making a few videos with my cell phone. It is a motorola about the size of an Iphone. Anyone made any simple cheap tripods? I have something in mind with a coat hanger, but just want to stay open to other ideas as well.

Chad, thank you for that link. I might be sold on it. I still might make one, since I just like building things :)

depends on the size you want and how you intend to use it, I have 20+ tripods for all kinds of applications, some bought, some made.

if you want something short and simple, about 6 inches, go to your local dollar store. they always have 'em for $1.00

I made an adapter for my tripod using ideas that I found on YouTube. I took a connector from Ace hardware, don't know what it's called, it's a 1/4-20 nut but it is about an inch long. Screw that on the tripod, and also from Ace is a pack of 4 plastic clamps for a dollar. Fasten a clamp on to the connector using a small hose clamp. Done, total cost about .50

Also, you can download a free camera timer app, or use the volume control on the headphones for a remote shutter release.

Back
Top Bottom