Survival knife digger mod

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
I call this the "You take me wit you Wambo?" knife mod.Be sure and check to make sure it is legal for you to even carry this type knife even modified.
Did a project where i made an offset digger.Someone wanted a straight one.So this requires no welding.
All you do is go to Harbor freight with around 8 bucks and buy one of these.I cut the tip off,changed the saw teeth that were so sharp stock i was not wanting to nick my coil wire.Trimmed the cutting edge back a bit to dull it some to avoid an accident.Then just did a little grinding.
Thought it would be cool to post my real M9 from a friend of my dads who used it in Iraq.The movie "Rambo" inspired loads of survival knives.I used to own one that looked more like a machete.:lol: By the way when you are done you can put up to $12 in quarters in the handle if you don't have a pouch.All those quarters were inside.Lol!

Attachments

• SAM_0265.jpg
    SAM_0265.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 3,968
  • SAM_0266.jpg
    SAM_0266.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,662
  • SAM_0269.jpg
    SAM_0269.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 1,754
  • SAM_0271.jpg
    SAM_0271.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 3,522
I dunno why you went through all the trouble to put the spear point on it. When I started detecting back in the early seventies I used (and it still works fine), a plain hunting knife with a clip point blade. Full tang construction and it was more rigid than a cheap trowel which was always bending. That knife and an old screwdriver have dug up a lot of great stuff!! I do like the way you modified the serrations, I always liked the scalloped style of serrations more than the slotted type as the Lesches have.

I dunno why you went through all the trouble to put the spear point on it. When I started detecting back in the early seventies I used (and it still works fine), a plain hunting knife with a clip point blade. Full tang construction and it was more rigid than a cheap trowel which was always bending. That knife and an old screwdriver have dug up a lot of great stuff!! I do like the way you modified the serrations, I always liked the scalloped style of serrations more than the slotted type as the Lesches have.

Somebody wanted to see a straight digger mod.By the way i used it as is unmodified and was at a totlot.Some kid saw that knife and ran like hell.next thing you know their father ran like hell.I switch to screwdrivers at totlots,ballparks and soccer fields.

Back
Top Bottom