Question ?

floridabill

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Even though I have found 15 rings with my beachunter ID that is only two months old, I am thinking of selling it and getting the new Excalibur 2.

I really don't hunt the dry sand, once in a while I hunt the wet sand but 99.9 I am in the water no further than my chest, so my question is would you go with the 8" or 10" coil. Thanks Bill

Some people have said that the Beachhunter ID has not worked out for them. Not sure of the reason why. But I think looking into an Excal may be a good idea.

Why not try it? Excal works really good on trashed beaches, especially iron.

I think the beachunter is a great machine. The only problems that I have heard of they had some issues with some leaking. They said if you had the black gasket and not the red to send it back and they would replace it. Apparently that was the problem with them

Bill,

My beachhunter leaked. It had the black gasket, and it was out of warrantee.
I sent it back to a service center in Va. $80 dollars and the orange gasket later, it leaked worse. I called whites, they were very nice. Because I was concerned about the long term affect it might have, They sent me a brand new machine. That's the kind of service I like. Should you decide to keep it, there is another White's repair center north of you in Florida. A faster turn a round plus they pressure tank test it. PM me if you want their address....Gil

Some people have said that the Beachhunter ID has not worked out for them. Not sure of the reason why. But I think looking into an Excal may be a good idea.

Why not try it? Excal works really good on trashed beaches, especially iron.

Carol,

The only real weakness with the BeachHunter ID is its behavior in heavily mineralized beaches. It just can't cope with that kind of condition. The BeachHunter ID does real well on East Coast beaches but fails miserably here in our California beaches.

Even though I have found 15 rings with my beachunter ID that is only two months old, I am thinking of selling it and getting the new Excalibur 2.

I really don't hunt the dry sand, once in a while I hunt the wet sand but 99.9 I am in the water no further than my chest, so my question is would you go with the 8" or 10" coil. Thanks Bill

Bill.. If I was going to purchase an Excal it would have the 10" coil...

Read this:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=125361#post125361

Back
Top Bottom