Garrett's new waterproof pro-pointer! WANT.

If they can manage to have the adjustable sensitivity like the TRX and put a better coating on the coil wires to prevent shorts then I am sold on them.

In defense of the TRX, it might as well be waterproof after the soaking it took today. 3 hours in a steady rain, drenched in mud and muck. Brought it home and ran it under the hose for a couple minutes until it was spotless and looks works like new!

I have never had a need for a pinpointer underwater. I am deadly accurate with my 10.5 CZ-21 and my 8" Tiger Shark.

I really don't see a value for water detectorists. BUT everyone has a different way of recovery.

Another thought. No headphones and you are hearing the beeps? Video is a bit false advertising I think. I don't know if that sound would travel underwater. Only good 10' another toy I would drown fast.

Sound travels better in water than in air.

Sound travels better in water than in air.

Not too sure about that. I dive all the time and without headphones I don't think I would hear the beeps from my machine. Seems to me water stops sound waves.

I have been reading and yes it does travel faster, BUT can it be heard better? That is the key I think

Come on sponsors ring in... We need a new years deal on the new upgraded propointer. Someone should lock in a fantastic pre-order buy even if they are not available.

:D:D:D

I had to have a waterproof one because of all the rain here in the soggy PNW.

:stormy: :stormy:
YOU THINK I'M EXAGERATING HUH? :heartylaugh:

I was out this morning detecting in Oregon in the pouring rain... And I mean pouring :( :) I could use one of these new ones if it is not way over priced?

I was out this morning detecting in Oregon in the pouring rain... And I mean pouring :( :) I could use one of these new ones if it is not way over priced?

Yeah, I went out this morning to a sports field cause it was sunny for a change. I dug a 3" plug and when I flipped it over the hole immediately filled with water! :shock: This one is on fairly high ground too.

I'm very interested to see if it's deeper with less falsing. Also it's the right color for a pinpointer. Being waterproof means it's dust proof for land hunting even if not taken under water. I'll have to give it a try for sure.

Not too sure about that. I dive all the time and without headphones I don't think I would hear the beeps from my machine. Seems to me water stops sound waves.

I have been reading and yes it does travel faster, BUT can it be heard better? That is the key I think

You don't have to hear it at all. Pro-pointers vibrate in your hand every time they beep.

Am I the ONLY one that finds this strange?

They post a video on youtube, can't google a thing and NO dealers have chimed in anywhere to say a price.

Wouldn't they let their dealers know about this FIRST??

I find it strange that it's not even listed on their ( Garrett ) site yet. :?:

They should fire their PR guy, as already stated, this should have come out BEFORE Christmas. They surely missed out on a lot of sales.

Last edited:
I find it strange to that it's now even listed on their ( Garrett ) site yet. :?:

They should fire their PR guy, as already stated, this should have come out BEFORE Christmas. They surely missed out on a lot of sales.

I'd imagine they had issues they hadn't fixed yet. You design something, then see another pinpointer pop up like a notka, TRX, or whatever. Then several people post the light isn't bright enough or something. The pinpointer gets set back so they don't have the same feedback out of the gate and look stupid. If they didn't redesign the Garrett propointer button, they are really gonna look stupid;)

Nearly ten years on their first attempt and they never managed to get it right. Let's hope that all that practice will be reflected in any new products they manage to get out. Their marketing folks may be setting the stage for what is to come.

If they can manage to have the adjustable sensitivity like the TRX and put a better coating on the coil wires to prevent shorts then I am sold on them.

In defense of the TRX, it might as well be waterproof after the soaking it took today. 3 hours in a steady rain, drenched in mud and muck. Brought it home and ran it under the hose for a couple minutes until it was spotless and looks works like new!

"If they can manage to have the adjustable sensitivity like the TRX "

If Garretts doesn't beat 2 inches depth at max like the TRX does so elegently, then what's the purpose of even having a sensitivity adjustment capability?

Pinpointer - Depth

Anyone know if there is a pinpointer that goes to 30-40 meters (depth in the water)? I think the garrett is good for around 3 meters.

"If they can manage to have the adjustable sensitivity like the TRX "

If Garretts doesn't beat 2 inches depth at max like the TRX does so elegently, then what's the purpose of even having a sensitivity adjustment capability?

Well where I come from more sensitivity means greater depth of detection. But my wife tells me I'm wrong most the time:shock:

Back
Top Bottom