New Nokta Fores Core

banshee89

Elite Member
About 4 months ago I was looking into upgrading ye'old quattro when the wife comes up to me and says the kids would really like to get me something for Christmas. I was thinking used Etrac but she said she really did not want to give a Christmas gift that was used....... so...... I though Nokta Fores Core to replace my Vaquero. Not that I dislike the Vaquero, more that I have 3 kids and I need a detector that is more kid friendly.

Well on Christmas morning :

23993289525_ba9ed86cee_z.jpg

23697585310_358831828f_z.jpg

SWEET... A Nokta Fores Core Pro pack and to boot a Nokta Pin Pointer.

:D

In the afternoon we went over the inlaws and while the kids where playing and sugar crashing I asked "can I use your backyard". :lol:

The house was built in the 60s so I did not expect much but it gave me a chance to start learning the detector. I had the Nokta and Ye'Old quattro both out:
23885003952_4a6ba4c764_z.jpg

I found 10 pennies with one being 1940s... which kind of surprised me. Maybe that yard needs some more loving? :?:. Anyway I only had about 1 hour before dark but it was enough to wet my whistle.

Today I went out to a trashy spot I have hit before and put in another hour or so...

I found some clad and junk and did manage to squeeze another silver out of the place.

23697556450_e2c4806baa_z.jpg

23967157286_8a8a8229ee_z.jpg

23365051684_d5129bd302_z.jpg

23885032752_e252678443_z.jpg

My first impressions after only 2 hours.... you ask?

well....

Its a well built, easy to operate, good in the trash.. VLF detector. It is really a good detector for tall people like myself. Look at how long it is compared to my Quattro.

BUTT :cool:

My 8 year old FBS Quattro will still identify a coin deeper.

VLF technology has hit a wall. F75, AT PRo, Vaquero, Racer, Fores Core......... all the same with different do dads in my book. Its not if it squeeks on a 10" dime... it is if it will give me a sign of what it is squeeking at, and for that.... FBS.

I just have not seen the "13 inch deep dime" yet.

Now that's not to say its a bad detector. In the price range I would say its a great detector and a good value with the 3 coils. Its going to replace my Vaquero as my goto trash machine and night hunter. (it has a light and has a backlit display).

This is only after 2 hours of use, and I am well aware it takes at least 100 hours to understand a machine. It did squeeze a silver out in a hammered place, with only 2 hours of total use by the user, and I am a big proponent of "show me the results"...... so maybe there is more than meets the eye. I will probably run this most of next season... so we will see how it goes.

I can honestly say it IS much faster and better in the trash over my Quattro.... its just not as deep.

Either way..... damn nice Christmas present. :yes:

I read your post.
Great present btw

This 13" dime comment, please explain more, if you don't mind.

I guess... it was just a poke at some of the claims and hype you see floating around the interwebs. And Im not just picking on Nokta.

Looks like I will still be waiting for that positive ID on a 13" dime.... (a little dry humor there).
:laughing:

Got ya.

Have you ever in person seen a metal detector tone on a 13" deep dime--- not all metal but using discrimination????

I've seen people find cans at 13" but never and I mean never a 13" dime with vlf. The Tooth fairy probably has though.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Well......... this thing it kind of scaring me.:hmmm:

Another 1 hour hunt after work in a well hunted out, trashy as hell spot....... and another silver.

23929320821_97e18ba647_z.jpg

23929320261_4e104db4d0_z.jpg

and of course,. I hit the coin with the shovel.:mad: I just got done digging two modern quarters and thought for sure this was another one.

23716171570_73c68506c6_z.jpg

23716172320_d97fcbd4b7_z.jpg

Maybe this machine is not your grandpas ATPro.

Maybe there is a little something extra in the special sauce....

Maybe I was wrong.

Unfortunately we have been real lucky around here in the weather department..... and it looks like it may take a turn for the worst. I hope to get out for another 1 hour hunt tomorrow after work..... but it is possible it could be months before I get to see what this machine is all about.

Scary huh.

You are hunting it seems where the detector's strongest suit is showing.
Separation.

I've had similar experiences in hard hunted sites-- had witnesses too,
They are still scratching their heads.

Congrats on your finds.

It aint over yet-- keep running your new baby

Scary huh.

You are hunting it seems where the detector's strongest suit is showing.
Separation.

I've had similar experiences in hard hunted sites-- had witnesses too,
They are still scratching their heads.

Congrats on your finds.

It aint over yet-- keep running your new baby

It is kind of scary or exciting because there was a signal about 6 inches from the hole that overloaded the detector and a signal below the hole that was a iron grunt..... but going between the 2 I said to myself "man.... it almost sounds like something is inbetween the 2 other signals".

I haven't even figured out what nickles ring up as with this detector yet. I know it that little.

Again its to early to tell. Might have just been luck. But its giving me a little tingle down below.

Hi. Can u tell me how much $ US a machine like you just got runs for?
Thanks
Jamie

Sent from my E2306 using Tapatalk

Ok thank you sir and happy new year

Sent from my E2306 using Tapatalk

Could you give me a brief summery of how the CoRe behaves in modern trash? It's one of the detectors I'm considering as an upgrade from my Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro. The other detectors I'm considering are Teknetics G2+ and Fisher F75 LTD. I like how the Nokta detector is more of a sound/tone based machine rather than simply looking at the VDI numbers. However I'm also worried that the higher VDI numbers are all squished at the upper end with many item coming in the 82 and 83 range. I'm pretty sure a square tab will ring in nicely but will a regular pull tab ring in weaker sounding?

I'm more of the old urban park coin shooter mainly looking for silver coins which are VERY hard to find here. How hard? Between 4 detectorist in town only 7 silver coins have been found between the 4. The best place to look is the oldest park in town but it is also carpeted with pull tabs and foil.

Thanks.

Could you give me a brief summery of how the CoRe behaves in modern trash? It's one of the detectors I'm considering as an upgrade from my Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro. The other detectors I'm considering are Teknetics G2+ and Fisher F75 LTD. I like how the Nokta detector is more of a sound/tone based machine rather than simply looking at the VDI numbers. However I'm also worried that the higher VDI numbers are all squished at the upper end with many item coming in the 82 and 83 range. I'm pretty sure a square tab will ring in nicely but will a regular pull tab ring in weaker sounding?

I'm more of the old urban park coin shooter mainly looking for silver coins which are VERY hard to find here. How hard? Between 4 detectorist in town only 7 silver coins have been found between the 4. The best place to look is the oldest park in town but it is also carpeted with pull tabs and foil.

Thanks.
Sounds like the core for the racer would be perfect for your park:yes:

13 in. dime

Beautiful Barber ! Like you I found one about six weeks ago, signal was shallow and thought it was clad, nope it was a barber and I put a slice right across her cheek, I named her scarface. I run an atpro and get that sweet dime signal and in wet soil and its pretty accurate to 7-8 inches, after that I go deep and usually find a smashed can or something like it. Looking in to aftermarket coils to help with this dilema, you would think in this day and age technology could get us to 15 inches on small targets. Good luck with your new machine Mark

Think there are practical limits to the technology. The transmitted signal doesn't just point straight down, it radiates all around the coil. On the receiving end, the greater range, would mean more unwanted noise and signals to filter out, sacrificing useful signals. It would be okay, if you just wanted to know if there was something metal, in the general area. We tend to want to know more precisely where to dig, and maybe a hint as to what is in the ground, if it's deep, before dig down a foot or so.

http://youtu.be/agyzwic07cg

Scannerguy back in the garden..with the Fors core this time.

Yeah Scannerguy loves the Nokta as do most people who own one. I really do like his reviews as he a no BS attitude and has a great test garden where the results speak for themselves.

Thanks.

I haven't had it long enough to give it a good review but my preliminary results are that it handles trash very well. My dad has an AT pro and I would say it is a step above that....... Its like a Vaquero with a visual display. I would have to say its not as deep or as accurate at ID as my Quattro, but it is much faster and better in the trash. In places where the Quattro nulls everything out the Nokta Excels.

I have found the Nokta to be decent at telling the different between pull tabs and coins. Not perfect, but what is? If your just looking for silver and not clad, dig 84 and up... and you wont dig any pull tabs.

Nickles are still eluding me on the Nokta but I only have about 3 hours on it, so that can be expected with a new machine. Nickles are tough with any machine, but I have to admitt, I have found more nickles with my quattro than all of my other machines combined. It is a nickle magnet..... just not in the trash.

Ask me again at the end of this year and I will be able to give some better information on the Nokta. I just dont have enough time on it.

My racer manual shows nickels 57-58 i dont know how far off the fors core scale is but my racer idd nickels at 54. So far a solid 54 has been jefferson nickels and buffalo. Now i still dig 57-58 just to reassure myself. Lol

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom