Coin Probe

cnr_dogs

Elite Member
Hi went to Ace Hardware today to find some thing to make a new probe and came away with this. Went back to plumbing got an 8" brass toilet float rod and then to tools and got a file handle. Went home and filed one end round and Gorilla Glued the other end into handle. All done in 10 minutes and under $5 bucks. Good hunting and God Bless CNR

Sounds like a good idea. Post a pic of your finished product if you can. Let us know how it works out for ya.

picture of finished probe

Here yo go tried it out and works great and easy/cheap enough

Attachments

• 000_0131.jpg
    000_0131.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 918
Really nice dogs!

It's always fun to use something that's home made, and you did a really nice job there...

I use the one that came`with my ProPointer. Dont they only cost a few bucks? I like it ok when I find a place that isnt like chipping concrete.

Used it a lot this evening it worked great. My buddy Richard that I hut with has one he bought from Whites accesories catalog it is almost identical but his brass rod is much smaller diameter and bends to easily. He used mine and said he was making one tomorrow. I had been using an old kitchen knife it woked good but scratched coins terribly this brass rod is soft and I filed it rounded on the end and still was easy enough to tell the difference between rock roots and coins.

Back
Top Bottom