aluminum sand scoop!

Mr.krayola

Here is a pic of my sand scoop. I made it at work . It didn't take to long we have everything for metal fabrication. Once I got done with it I brought it to the bead blaster. Then I powder coated it in the garage. I also made one for a buddy and one for my 8 year old son. He( my son ) powder coated his texured black. They held up ok. I need to add some bracing from the handle to the bottom of the basket. It started to bend in the wet sand when i used my foot to push.

Attachments

• sand basket.jpg
    sand basket.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1,295
  • sand basket#2.jpg
    sand basket#2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,304
Super scoop. How thick is the metal? Did you punch the metal ( square holes)? Rob

Super scoop. How thick is the metal? Did you punch the metal ( square holes)? Rob

.090 not sure the hardness. Yes I punched them out on a turet punch. The guy who runs the machine made a program. Next time i need one I just give him the program and the aluminum and WALA!

:wow: Very nice work Pull Tab, you could even make some and sell it on ebay. I also like to make my own tools for MD, its so fun to make when you have friends around to help you.

:wow: Very nice work Pull Tab, you could even make some and sell it on ebay. I also like to make my own tools for MD, its so fun to make when you have friends around to help you.

Thank you! I have thought about selling them, but I'm to busy enjoying summer! Maybe in the 6 months of winter we have here in western NY I can find time!

This is awesome, but I gotta give you props on powder coating it. You could have just stopped after making it, but you went that extra step. Nice work, it shows that you care and have style!

Anyway...

I saw this link on another forum, and thank goodness you didn't go this route! But it does warn that it has "some corrosion." LOL!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Metal-Detector-...ryZ58056QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Back
Top Bottom