Stimulus Check = New Detector?

Swing4TheRing

Forum Supporter
So... if you are receiving a stimulus check, are you going out and buying a new detector? If so, which one? Other detecting gear?

Nope. Saving it. Wife has reduced hours at work so keeping my money just in case we need it. I'm essential so as long as I can avoid getting sick and dying...I still get my full paychecks each month.

When this passes and if I still have the money...then it's going towards summer vacation.

Lucky to be essential, so far... I don't qualify to receive a stimulus check. Hope they do get deposited/sent out quick for those that will depend on it. Stay safe out there, everyone.

I’m not spending their funny money.
If I do get a check it’ll be used to pay my taxes, how redundant.

Good luck to all even getting it. Detecting takes a back seat to dying. People have to start believing that no matter WHO you are, this virus can KILL you.

The check SHOULD be used to buy stuff, but like many others here, whenever we get ours (assuming we get it), it'll go to pay off some debt and the rest will be saved.

Can't pay all your bills with credit cards...

I am not sure if I am getting one or not, as I haven't really looked at the parameters of who qualifies. My wife doesn't work - outside the house - (I always have to include that), and I am considered "essential". I am with Wmass guy, if I do get one, it will get donated to someone or some organization who is struggling.

Not sure if this is a dependable quote from the internet but....I've read something online that states Originally the stimulus was for working income tax payers. Those on Social Security, SS disability, or supplemental SS will not get the stimulus. But... AARP was fighting to get the folks on SS, SSDI and Supplemental a stimulus also. Ok then the IRS said oh, well if we do give it to those Poor Cheesy turds we are going to make them file a "simple income tax return". But the IRS hasn't explained just what is required on this return, Of coarse some of us are not required to file since our only income is currently from disability. AARP, this online report says, is fighting for these people in the SS and SSDI category to NOT have to file and will just recieve the check. Another words-- I don't know if I'm getting the Stimulus.:?:

Last I saw was that folks on SS would be getting a check. But one can not get a straight answer on anything. Most viruses do not flourish during the heat of summer. No one will say if this one will or will not.

Spending the money. If you buy something Made in China, which most things are, you are rewarding the same people who started this !!!!.

Not sure if this is a dependable quote from the internet but....I've read something online that states Originally the stimulus was for working income tax payers. Those on Social Security, SS disability, or supplemental SS will not get the stimulus. But... AARP was fighting to get the folks on SS, SSDI and Supplemental a stimulus also. Ok then the IRS said oh, well if we do give it to those Poor Cheesy turds we are going to make them file a "simple income tax return". But the IRS hasn't explained just what is required on this return, Of coarse some of us are not required to file since our only income is currently from disability. AARP, this online report says, is fighting for these people in the SS and SSDI category to NOT have to file and will just recieve the check. Another words-- I don't know if I'm getting the Stimulus.:?:

https://www.aarp.org/politics-society/advocacy/info-2020/coronavirus-stimulus-checks.html

from the above link:

Will people on Social Security disability get a stimulus check?

If you receive Social Security benefits for disability, retirement or Supplemental Security Income, you are eligible to receive a stimulus payment. Only individuals whose annual adjusted gross income exceeds $99,000 will not get a payment.

(see the page at the link above for complete details)

If I get one I am going to see if I can get my car running. If I have any left I may see about getting one of my detectors fixed.

Update: First they quoted me 822.74 to replace the computer but now they have found something else that may have caused the problem in the first place. I don't have any idea what the final cost will be. I guess I will have to put off getting my detector fixed for now.

Last edited:
Spending the money. If you buy something Made in China, which most things are, you are rewarding the same people who started this !!!!.

Well said George ! I would also hope all our future pharmaceutical needs
would be met by American companies . I was shocked to learn a lot are coming from China .

Last I saw was that folks on SS would be getting a check. But one can not get a straight answer on anything. Most viruses do not flourish during the heat of summer. No one will say if this one will or will not.

Excellent point George!

Back
Top Bottom