scoop handle suggestions

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
I just bought a semi descent scoop to get started on the freshwater beaches...opening for handle is 1.2" or 30mm. Anyone have suggestions on where to get a handle? Preferably fiberglass. Thanks alot!

Someone on here makes them that are fiberglass. Can't recall who, but check the beach hunting section as he's made several for other members and they are top notch by all the reviews. Hopefully someone will chime in that knows who?

Thanks bud! I hope so I would like fiberglass, as it's lighter but if not the wood one will do for now ...thanks for looking!

I purchased a Seymour post hole digger handle. It is a little under diameter so I shimmed it until it fit., Been using it for almost three years with no problems

To carry my scoop I use a Wagner Tool Lasso. I put the clip on my belt and carry the scoop upside down.

I tried dragging the scoop and it kept filling up with sand. Tried carrying the scoop in my hand and did not like that either.

I purchased a Seymour post hole digger handle. It is a little under diameter so I shimmed it until it fit., Been using it for almost three years with no problems

To carry my scoop I use a Wagner Tool Lasso. I put the clip on my belt and carry the scoop upside down.

I tried dragging the scoop and it kept filling up with sand. Tried carrying the scoop in my hand and did not like that either.

Thanks for the advice George! Will have to take a look at those!

What about a yellow axe handle then file it down to the diameter since theyre more oval

What about a yellow axe handle then file it down to the diameter since theyre more oval

I'm not sure an axe handle would fit unless I ground it down some here's the scoop. Thanks for the suggestion!

Attachments

• 20160725_121519.jpg
    20160725_121519.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 20160731_112700.jpg
    20160731_112700.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 212
I filled the hole on the scoop for the handle with caulking and then put the handle in and put the wood screw in. It wasn't a snug fit, and I didn't want any play so the caulking worked wonders. I also may shorten it some, and drill some more holes in it on the top and bottom...reduce a little weight too.

Here's what works for ME...

i purchased a seymour post hole digger handle. It is a little under diameter so i shimmed it until it fit., been using it for almost three years with no problems

to carry my scoop i use a wagner tool lasso. I put the clip on my belt and carry the scoop upside down.

734794_10152412315915635_808718214_n.jpg

Is similar to my M-9 , Chuck at SunSpot custom made Ash coated handles for it cut down on the end 3 inches to fit, happy hunting Earl http://stealthscoop.com/index.html

Dang!!! Look at that arsenal! I really didn't notice how heavy it was until I had to drag it around in waist high water for an hour or two :laughing: will definitely look into a lighter option thanks earl!

You might

Want to look at this, Weight concern is hyped up, as i find with a ripped right bicep & rota-tor cuff problem on the side I carry the scoop, is not a issue, you see Stealth's scoop's 4 to 1 over Stavr, the rest RTG, 1 sold, but the extra weight I find useful as to implanting the head in the sand every scoop, and the grab handle is a carry tool, enjoy the hobby, Quality scoop's that last , just make our hobby more enjoyable, take care , Earl

Back
Top Bottom