Last Weekend of Detecting is NUTS!!

IDXMonster

Elite Member
NUTS I tell you! First hole yesterday was a goofy signal on the CTX..5-44/6-43. I figured since it was at the borderline depth at which silver lives in this ball field,I’d check it out. A couple minutes later I had 5 wheats and a 1944 Walker. After several deep wheats and a couple hours later I added a 1917 Merc and a 64 Rosie.
Today I started really slow,the first 2 hours were nothing but 9-10” wheats all over. I cranked out a couple of super deep buffalos just for fun. Then I hit a 20’s Merc,then 3 Barbers in a row,including an 1892-S,then some more wheats til a last Merc ended the season. ALL of these coins were 9-11” deep in really black dirt. They were all found running Auto+3,High Trash Separation and the 17” coil on the CTX.
I’ve had several hunts with multiple silver coins,it’s my primary (only) target. For the last 4-5 months,EVERY hunt besides 2 or 3 were multiples. What does that say about FBS and it’s “deep coin finding” abilities? To me,results over time are what I gauge a machine by. With the CTXs stability and accuracy on ultra deep coins,I’m hoping the Equinox comes ANYWHERE close.

Attachments

• E6535EC6-7F15-4377-9F91-5F4134C774EE.jpg
    E6535EC6-7F15-4377-9F91-5F4134C774EE.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 800
Wow! That is some great digging. Those of us without a CTX can’t touch that kinda depth. Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great hunt Kevin, glad you got out today, looks like a killer day! Congrats !

Dude, you killed it. Congrats on a couple nice hunt and stellar finds. Yes the fbs does help but the operator does mean a lot too and you know what you’re doing.

Looks like you had a very productive day. Congratulations on some nice finds. Love those Walker half dollars!

Killer finds!! I’d cut off my leg to have a site like that!!

FYI..that’s gonna make detecting tough...:lol: I have a joke about a guy,a mistakenly amputated leg and a lawsuit,but that’s another topic.;)
Thanks a lot CW,I know you work awfully hard to continue finding what you do!

Wow! That is some great digging. Those of us without a CTX can’t touch that kinda depth. Nice work.

I have difficulty hitting that depth reliably with the stock coil,I think that’s what the value of the huge coil is. I think the Deus would’ve hit many of these,if not all, if it was cranked up,but whether or not it would reliably say what the target was...I don’t know. The huge coil just ID’s really well.
Thanks JP! It was ALOT of work!:yes:

That’s one heck of a weekend haul! Congrats man! CTX is a deep silver seeking beast!

You know it better than me DeWayne! It’s so beautiful because with that 17” coil I can run in Auto+3 which retains stability but also gets really spectacular depth because,well...it’s HUGE! There were a couple of STUPIDLY deep wheats that I had to “massage the signal” a little bit,but other than those,they were just no brainer signals. I did dig a couple of bent nails but they sounded raspy and didn’t repeat from 4 directions,just 3. I thought they were perhaps a skewed signal but nope...just like the machine said-JUNK!
For the kind of hunting I do,it’s hard to imagine something EASIER to find deep coins with. It’s not that another machine CANT FIND it...can it ID IT? I know that this one can,that’s what matters...to ME.:grin:

wow, awesome finds! Congrats!

Thanks a lot Jason. It made it much easier to go home and clean the equipment for the last time this season! We always go out and try to top ourselves,and to have it happen at the eleventh hour is very satisfying,to say the least. You know the absolute GENIUS of the CTX,hunts like this are not uncommon! If the site is there and you are there...and the CTX is there...look out!:digginahole:
It’s too obvious and too easy,it just is. At least in this place...

Great hunt Kevin, glad you got out today, looks like a killer day! Congrats !

It was a fun weekend Craig,I had to hunt as much as possible before I can’t. There are going to have to be different goals for next year because trying to top this season is not happening. I don’t want to drive that hard and ruin detecting. It has to remain enjoyable,the adventure has to be something I want to do,not feel as though I HAVE to do. There might be a little more gold hunting in my future,as I think it’s really the last truly unlocked discipline when it comes to hunting public ground. How am I going to “unlock” it? I’m open to suggestions...;)

Dude, you killed it. Congrats on a couple nice hunt and stellar finds. Yes the fbs does help but the operator does mean a lot too and you know what you’re doing.

You know,you’re right Jason,I DO know what I’m doing...I’m just letting the machine cruise around and find stuff!:lol: That’s high praise from one of the most prolific hunters on this forum,thanks for that. I’d like to think I’m consciously making decisions about things,but for me it’s all about having time behind the wheel. I must be around a few hundred hours by now with the CTX,and it helps enormously. If you enjoy having a machine in your hand,whatever the machine is,you’ll want to use it. I think this is a big part of anyone’s game,technology/marketing and bluster aside. If it does what YOU want it to do,it’s the machine for YOU.

Looks like you had a very productive day. Congratulations on some nice finds. Love those Walker half dollars!

You ain’t kidding Dan,having a site that potentially holds a lot of good targets is a surefire way of coming up with something. A very large part of my game is old ball fields. The field itself,sidelines,baselines,spectator seating areas...all of it.
I started hunting this field about a month ago and have found countless wheats,20 silver coins(2 halves,5-6 quarters,many dimes) a few buffalos and other whacky stuff. Being able to see DEEP is paramount here,because all targets are at a uniform depth. Age=depth in almost ALL of the ball fields I’ve hunted,and it’s usually 8-11”. If a machine won’t see that deep with accurate ID it makes it very hard to be productive because your targets are essentially out of reach without digging every “bleep” you hear.
Thanks much,its been said the Walker is the most beautiful coin the mint ever produced. I would have to agree,at least from the kinds of coins I’ve personally found so far.

Nice Going IDX

I know,right?:lol: Thanks Mr. Lope! It’s nothing crazy like California gold coins or sunken treasure chests brimming with doubloons...but it’s all I got! Over the last 3 years(1 with the Explorer2 and the last two with the CTX) it has really opened my eyes as to how many old silver coins are still in the ground basically EVERYWHERE. Of course there are varying degrees of saturation, but these two machines have absolutely confirmed that this detecting game ain’t NEARLY over for anybody who wants to hunt hard. A half-hearted poke at the tot lot ain’t gonna get it done. You need a big coil on a good machine,a sturdy shovel and some big furry ones! At least for what IM doing...:grin:

Outstanding! Hey Monster,...Was that Walker in with the Wheats in a tight spill? thats explains the goofy signal...I bet theres gotta be a lot of those kinds of multidenom spills or stacks out there that skew to trash...! Beauty Hunt!

Back
Top Bottom