George 3rd 1799 halfpenny
IMGP9271_phixr.jpg

Coins,except bottom left, middle right
DSC_0003_phixr-2-4.jpg

Artefacts.
DSC_0012_phixr-14.jpg

Buckles.
DSC_0006_phixr-27.jpg

Lead items, top middle, powder measure cap.
DSC_0002_phixr-3-1.jpg

Before & after, silver riding or whip top.
DSC_0001_phixr-22.jpg

DSC_0002_phixr-3-2.jpg

Doug congrats on these finds, I would have been happy with just one, I've never heard of a powder measure cap so great being educated.

Thanks.

Quite a common find close to woods.

"Powder holders were made of wood, and were sometimes called 'apostles', because there were normally twelve of them suspended from a soldier's bandolier.

They each held the correct amount of gunpowder for a single charge. Both the holders and the caps had loops (normally two) through which the attachment cord was threaded, and which prevented either from being lost. When the powder had been used, the holders were refilled from a flask."

Thanks Doug for sharing your amazing hunts here!! I really enjoy seeing ALL your finds!! :D

WTG on the finds Doug!

Glad you didn't get stung! We've had a lot of yellow jackets (nests under ground) this year that have been in a foul mood.

WOW! Those are some amazing finds. I love the seal. That is something that I would love to find someday. Is that item next to the whip top a cut hammered coin?

Congratulations!
Doug

Wow ! Cool stuff. Looks like your out in the middle of nowhere !

Thanks.

View along the field but the reason I am searching this particular part of the field the clue can be found in the first photograph?

IMGP9275_phixr.jpg

WOW! Those are some amazing finds. I love the seal. That is something that I would love to find someday. Is that item next to the whip top a cut hammered coin?

Congratulations!
Doug

Thanks, yes it is cut half hammered coin of Edward the ?

From another Doug

What is the seal of/for?

Can you post a picture of that?

Thank you.

I tried to capture the seal impression with my camera but its not come out very well.

"A seal is a device for making an impression in wax, clay, paper, or some other medium, including an embossment on paper, and is also the impression thus made.

The original purpose was to authenticate a document, a wrapper for one such as a modern envelope, or the cover of a container or package holding valuables or other objects."

Back
Top Bottom