• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Fisher Gold Bug SE vs. Gold Bug Pro

dirtfishen

I've been reading a lot about the Fisher Gold Bug SE and Gold Bug Pro. It appears the Fisher Gold Bug series has been very confusing. Release dates and versions with different abilities. Does anyone have field experience with the Gold Bug Pro? It looks like the Gold Bug SE is a great machine, but if the GB Pro is better, then I'll buy the GB Pro.

Dirtfishen

I have the GB SE and it works great, esoecially on the smaller nuggets in my area. The Pro is another $150 and it's a tiny bit heavier and is supposed to work better in salt water....the nearest ocean to me is 1000 miles away......HH!!!!

Dusty

I have the gb cabellas model and its a keeper as well but you might want to throw the teck G2 into the mix its just hitting the market. All these machines are similar, from what I hear the first G2s were recalled because they said Gold bug when first turned. The G2 comes with the 11dd coil and the GBs come with the 5dd coil I have both and their great. All these machines have good target separation and Vdi. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.
If you can wait give it some time to see what people are saying about the new models and choose what fits your hunting the best.
Good luck with your purchase:)

I have the gb cabellas model and its a keeper as well but you might want to throw the teck G2 into the mix its just hitting the market. All these machines are similar, from what I hear the first G2s were recalled because they said Gold bug when first turned. The G2 comes with the 11dd coil and the GBs come with the 5dd coil I have both and their great. All these machines have good target separation and Vdi. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.
If you can wait give it some time to see what people are saying about the new models and choose what fits your hunting the best.
Good luck with your purchase:)

If I remember right the Teck G2 control box was almost a 100% copy of the Gold Bug SE. Considering they are all owned by the same big company, First Texas Products, they should be pretty much the same.....and I like my GB/SE...got small nuggets already.......:yes:

Dusty

If I remember right the Teck G2 control box was almost a 100% copy of the Gold Bug SE. Considering they are all owned by the same big company, First Texas Products, they should be pretty much the same.....and I like my GB/SE...got small nuggets already.......:yes:

Dusty

Yea and the GBSE is a 100% copy of the cabellas model control box as well but they have made internal mods between the two units. The cabellas model does not have modulated audio and the Se does. As posted on another forum by some one who has tested both the SE has more personality and the ability to I.D shallow small targets From sound But the cabellas model is deeper due to the loud response on all targets you do not have to listen for whispers. Both have their merits. I have also found small nugs with my GB and tiny earrings and a very fine gold chain. Theres no doubt they are all capable of hitting the small targets. But back to dirtfishin, now that I look you have two great machines with the v3i and the Cz I would be shocked if the gold bug could do anything they cant. Maybe target separation might be different but the v3i at 50khz and set up right should be just as sensitive if not more.
Would love to see recovery speed tests for the v3i but have not yet.
The Gbs are super fast and able to pick out targets between around and under nails. No matter what they would be nice to have in your arsenal either way!!! :cheers:

Gold Bug SE or Gold Bug PRO?

The Gold Bug SE if yo can still get one will not have latest software in it. It has version 1 in it. The Gold Bug Pro will have the latest in it version 3.And comes with the 5 inch coil.Now if you want 11 inch coil.You have to buy the Gold Bug DP only difference between Pro and DP is coil size and they both have version 3 software in em.And oh yeah price difference

Back
Top Bottom