Depth of garrett ace 250?

Dimes at six inches max, quaters at 8 max. The deep quarters will show as dimes on the display. If it says a dime at 8 inches I know it is most likely a quarter because it won't find a dime that deep. One thing about my 250 is that it either sounds off or doesn't, no in between or faint signals. At 6 inches it will register a coin and at six and an eight inches it won't make a sound. Makes you wonder how close I came to some good stuff had i concentrated and made sure every sweep was perfect, close to the ground and level.

Dimes at six inches max, quarters at 8 max. The deep quarters will show as dimes on the display. If it says a dime at 8 inches I know it is most likely a quarter because it won't find a dime that deep. One thing about my 250 is that it either sounds off or doesn't, no in between or faint signals. At 6 inches it will register a coin and at six and an eight inches it won't make a sound. Makes you wonder how close I came to some good stuff had i concentrated and made sure every sweep was perfect, close to the ground and level.
Ditto, your post describes my experience with the depth of the 250 exactly.

I often wonder if I am just missing dimes at 6 inches and quarters and nickels at 9 inches.
I wish the depth in pinpoint was just a little deeper than the belltone so you could hear whispers the bell tone just missed. My experience however is that the belltone is deeper than the non motion/ all metal/pinpoint mode.

Yep, same here. But faster swing speed will gain you a bit more , it just throws the target ID and discrimination off. I can get a quarter at 8" if all the conditions are right but dimes are maxed out around 6" and going with that line of thinking then half dollars could be found a little deeper because of larger size. Thats in the field but in air test a quarter will hit at 10" or better if you move it pretty fast. Air tests dont mean anything but it does show that more depth can be had if the ground mineralization isnt a problem.

Back
Top Bottom