PROSPECTOR 150

lukdavmor

Hi everyone I was just wondering if any of you had heard of a PROSPECTOR 150 metal detector?

Can anyone offer any feedback?

Thanks

Luke

If its the PR 150 there was a report so months back that was not exactly glowing. Don't forget the manufacturer only claims the coil is water resistant, not waterproof which is a little worrying. I would rather pay more for a brand name machine.

Bell & Howell used to be a respected brand, but then, I think they got bought out and are now just the name stamped on cheap chinese imports of all kinds.

If your funds are limited, the Bounty Hunter line still gets nice reports around here.

-- Tom

Bell & Howell used to be a respected brand, but then, I think they got bought out and are now just the name stamped on cheap chinese imports of all kinds.
B & H went the same way as many old, respected brands. Another example is the once great sewing machine company, Singer. Back in the early 90's, the privately owned company "merged" with another company that raided Singer's contracts and began selling the brand to anyone with cash.

Last edited:
prospector

hi luke dont know how your gadget is working but i have a prospector t 200 never had a non ferous reading from it yet which is strange had it two months used it often aint got much confidece in it not nearly as good as a far less expensive model i had a few years ago it will detect larger coins that i throw on ground to test it but even on the surface it mostly fails to find small coins going to give it another couple of trys then contact maker . good luck with yours m8.

Back
Top Bottom