Pre-Thanksgiving Monster Hunt! $2.5 American Indian Head Honker Gold Coin Ring!!!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Ever since my return from my unsuccessful 3-day dream expedition in Vero Beach, I have been wanting a water hunt in my home court. Last Saturday, I headed out but it was way too rough to venture in the water. I opted for a wet-sand hunt. And although I got 115 coins on that hunt, it was not what I wanted to do. I was off this week for Thanksgiving recess and was hoping to get a water hunt in. After monitoring the surf conditions this week, today (Wednesday) was the 1st day I knew I could get out.

I got to the beach about 2.5 hours before low tide. I worked the shoreline heading north and thought my hunt was going to be abysmal. Ever since Hurricane Ian, I have thought conditions have been sanded-in. And I was believing Nicole had had done nothing good. One of the times I “popped out” at about 1.5 hours, I got a few extra signals. One of those was a high tone. After about 3-4 scoops, I lost the signal. I swung around and then got a “not-too good lower tone” about 1- 2’ away. I thought it was whatever I had been digging that escaped my scoop. However, when I looked in the scoop, it was :dingding:. (It was a different signal. I went back and dug a can top where I was originally digging :roll:) I was pretty sure at that point, that it was good and was going to be my only gold find for the day. However, I made a mental note to parallel hunt that distance from the shore on my way back.

As I headed back, I kept true to my plan. I hunted parallel to the shore the approximate distance I had estimated. I only did this thinking how the massive waves of the previous 2 weeks may have redistributed targets in “a lane”. At some point, came the silver ring that had been lost for a while. (It was only when I got back to the car that I realized what a GREAT find that was!) About an hour after that, I get a loud tone. When I looked in the scoop I was :dingding:. When I saw that there was scotch tape on the shank, I knew it was going to be good. :yes: I had others around me so I couldn’t scream out or jump up and down. Only a smile and the inner glow of knowing that I had found something special was all I could afford! About 5-10 minutes later I took out the ring again to verify it was indeed a gold coin ring. :clapping:

After 4 hours, I was back and ready to get to my car and examine the finds. The gold coin ring has a few of markings, most importantly 14K. The diamond ring also has markings, among them “585” (14K). The silver ring was a huge surprise as I saw “Chrome Hearts” and “1992 Sterling”. :shock: I knew that was going to be valuable as I had previously sold a “CH” bracelet for around $450 a few years back. At home, I weighed the gold coin ring – 24.2 grs. I look up the weight of a $2.5 Indian Head gold coin and its 4.18 grs. So the ring is 20.02 grs. of 14K!!! :wow: (That’s over $600 of melt!) The gold coin value is approximately in the $400-500 range so that ring is worth over 1 grand!!! The ring is also huge on me and maxes out on my ring sizer at 15. :wow: The 1st gold ring weighs about 2.1 grs but the diamond tests fake. I then look up the silver Chrome Hearts ring and see a used one selling on eBay for $699. :gettinmoney:

Although the Treasure Coast was not good to me, I am thankful to be able to have hunts like I had today. I always suspected that my 2nd gold coin would come like this – either on a pendant or in a ring like I found today. (Sorry for the novel Craig and I am proud of you if you made it this far! :lol:).

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families! :turkey:

Attachments

• 11-23-22.jpg
    11-23-22.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 575
  • 11-23-22 Rings.jpg
    11-23-22 Rings.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 580
  • 11-23-22 Ring back.jpg
    11-23-22 Ring back.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 576
  • 11-23-22 FC.jpg
    11-23-22 FC.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 578
  • 11-23-22 Chrome Hearts eBay.jpg
    11-23-22 Chrome Hearts eBay.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 574
  • 11-23-22 Indian.jpg
    11-23-22 Indian.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 574
  • 11-23-22 Fit.jpg
    11-23-22 Fit.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:
Awesome Felix... that paste ring on your pinky looks great I think you should wear it all the time.... :yes:

From someone stuck deep in the Midwest, JUST...NOT...FAIR:mad: Seriously though, Fantabulous Hunt;)

Wow...just an incredible hunt but that gold coin ring is something I've dreamed of finding someday. Very happy for you! Congrats!!! :wincup::wow::shock:

Wow the forum is really on a roll with the gold coins at the moment, it's number 3 in the last 2 weeks I think?

Way to go! I would definitely think about removing that gold coin and installing a Felix penny in there. You must feel like a cat with tape on it's paw at the moment.:lol:

Way to go! I would definitely think about removing that gold coin and installing a Felix penny in there. You must feel like a cat with tape on it's paw at the moment.:lol:
:lol:
That my friend is a great idea! :newidea: I can have a penny made in gold and replace it! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom