Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 07-01-2022, 07:00 PM
24K Larry

Default 10K gold Dead Seagull Karma?

Hit the beach as usual. Popped the silver ring with fake diamonds on the second hole. Walked down and found the sea bean. Only one on the beach i saw. Did notice a bit of offshore plastic garbage that has been at sea a long time.

Walked a while and not much interesting. Turned back and dug the junk chrome looking ring. Later i noticed a dead seagull. Decided to save it a little dignity and bury it so it didn't wind up on the top of a sand castle as an ornament. Covered it over and was walking off. Next thing you know another seagull gave me that look you beach hunters are used to. Gave me the "What up dude?" look. You know the one where they are checking to make sure your eyes aren't popcorn? Lowered it's head and flew off in the distance. Next hole i dug the 10k yellow gold men's ring. Was 5.61 grams. Has the dug out inside a jeweler will tell you is for comfort instead of more profit for less gold. This style isn't as comfortable to me.

Later i found another dead seagull and buried it as well. Guess you only get one gold a day? Was hoping for a hat trick and find a Plat that didn't happen. Maybe next time?

Not sure on the battery i dug? Thought when i saw the wire it was going to be a sinker on the end. Vape battery i reckon?

I did learn something though. If your name is Mark and you are at the ocean by the water, do not have friends in the dry sand flapping arms and calling your name. I wasn't the only one looking for a fin!
Attached Images

Last edited by itsaring!; 07-02-2022 at 06:54 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-01-2022, 07:18 PM
Elite Member

It still looks plenty chunky, even if there is a little missing from the underside

Old 07-01-2022, 07:22 PM
24K Larry

Originally Posted by Silverhorse65 View post
It still looks plenty chunky, even if there is a little missing from the underside
Luckily this one fits and i can wear it. Most i find are for small fingers. Thanks for the comment!

Old 07-02-2022, 05:35 PM
Supporter

Nice of you to bury the birds Congrats on the gold!

Old 07-02-2022, 06:38 PM
Administrator

When I first read 10k dead seagull I thought you has a mass die off

Nice finds Larry...

Whites MXT All Pro
Founding Member of RingKeepers

Banned Spammers: 1096

Old 07-02-2022, 06:42 PM
OldCherryPicker

That's a beauty!! Nice and chunky looking to me..

2022.. Gold rings 5 .. Silver 13

Old 07-02-2022, 06:57 PM
24K Larry

Originally Posted by Kapi View post
Nice of you to bury the birds Congrats on the gold!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Cfmct View post
When I first read 10k dead seagull I thought you has a mass die off

Nice finds Larry...
I altered the title a bit
Originally Posted by OBN View post
That's a beauty!! Nice and chunky looking to me..
I seem to find a lot of real small gold. You know who finds the chunkier stuff most the time. I was by myself on this hunt

Old 07-02-2022, 09:56 PM
Supporter

Gold is gold ! Your clad count is what I been getting , not much. But way better on the gold than me. Cool....

Old 07-02-2022, 10:48 PM
Elite Member

Thumbs up Itsaring

Nice hunt congrats on the gold , sun glasses , when its my time to go 6 foot under , I am calling you

Excalibur Blue 1000, Excalibur Blue 800, CTX3030, Equinox 800, , Scuba Tector, XP Deus WS5, F -75 SE-Boost & DST , 1976 Coin Master ***** In The Past Detectors used -- Two- E-trac's , V3I, Omega 8000, 4- Euro Tek Pro's,2- F75 Standard, Cz70 Pro, Cz20 , Excalibur Sword, Two Excalibur 2's & my 1st - One Hot Blue Excalibur 10, Sovereign Gt, Surf Pi DF

Old 07-03-2022, 06:09 AM
24K Larry

Originally Posted by KOB View post
Gold is gold ! Your clad count is what I been getting , not much. But way better on the gold than me. Cool....
Clad been real low for a good while now. I think a lot of ours everything just sinks too deep too fast from all the sand replenishments over the years. Even the fresh bottlecaps are deep. Gold wise if you think about it, we went from lots of gold to finding lots of silver wedding and engagement rings to the new age metal and plastic. Thanks!
Originally Posted by Surf Master View post
Nice hunt congrats on the gold , sun glasses , when its my time to go 6 foot under , I am calling you
I could plant you at the treasure fleet and either have a good day on gold coins, or someone will post finding you on the forums. Be interesting if someone found you with a Deus 8

Old 07-03-2022, 06:53 AM
Elite Member

Talking LoL

Mmmmm , I'd bet the D8 would still have an antenna to catch fish , still no cf telescopic shaft , still fail under Salt Water , & finally yet just another VLF good for retrieving the same junk any other detector will get , NO Big Deal
Good idea but , by the water , I would want to be in ash form so I could find the rest of the 1715 fleet treasure , & be captain Sparrow at the same time , run up & down the coast with Penelope Cruz 🛳

Excalibur Blue 1000, Excalibur Blue 800, CTX3030, Equinox 800, , Scuba Tector, XP Deus WS5, F -75 SE-Boost & DST , 1976 Coin Master ***** In The Past Detectors used -- Two- E-trac's , V3I, Omega 8000, 4- Euro Tek Pro's,2- F75 Standard, Cz70 Pro, Cz20 , Excalibur Sword, Two Excalibur 2's & my 1st - One Hot Blue Excalibur 10, Sovereign Gt, Surf Pi DF

Last edited by Surf Master; 07-03-2022 at 08:18 PM.

Old 07-03-2022, 07:34 AM
Elite Member

I'll tell Penelope you said "Hey".

Old 07-03-2022, 08:15 AM
Elite Member

Thumbs up Robo

Why your at it , say high to Cathern to , https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...mageHoverTitle PS Larry if you capture treasure like that down there , Im on my way

Old 07-03-2022, 09:26 AM
Elite Member

Nice gold in my book, good hunt!

Old 07-03-2022, 10:52 AM
Supporter

A great story and a great score, congrats! Any old timers remember Grover and Heathcliff
or Gertrude and Heathcliff?

Old 07-03-2022, 03:00 PM

Very nice!

Old 07-03-2022, 04:58 PM
Elite Member

Good chunker.............!!!!

Old 07-04-2022, 10:51 AM
24K Larry

Mmmmm , I'd bet the D8 would still have an antenna to catch fish , still no cf telescopic shaft , still fail under Salt Water , & finally yet just another VLF good for retrieving the same junk any other detector will get , NO Big Deal
Good idea but , by the water , I would want to be in ash form so I could find the rest of the 1715 fleet treasure , & be captain Sparrow at the same time , run up & down the coast with Penelope Cruz 🛳
Earl you can dress like a Pirate down this way and make money off of photo appearances with tourists.

Originally Posted by ROBOTCOP13 View post
I'll tell Penelope you said "Hey".
Lol!
Why your at it , say high to Cathern to , https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...mageHoverTitle PS Larry if you capture treasure like that down there , Im on my way
Wouldn't she be nicknamed CZ? Not a good beach nickname

Originally Posted by zeemang View post
Nice gold in my book, good hunt!
Thanks Zee!
Originally Posted by Soil Surgeon View post
A great story and a great score, congrats! Any old timers remember Grover and Heathcliff
or Gertrude and Heathcliff?
Thank you SS!

Originally Posted by bluebird66 View post
Very nice!
Thanks Bluebird!

Originally Posted by Beachhunt1 View post
Good chunker.............!!!!
Thank you BH1