Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 05-12-2022, 06:14 PM
Elite Member

Default PCB Pulltab Can Beach

I donít get the chance to post in the most entertaining subforum often so hereís my finds from a few morning/night hunts; all junkers but the cleansweep coil was GREAT in the dry sand!

PS: my tribute to Earl since he always seems to do a post script howboutit, itís amazing you beach hunters donít slice open your foot bc of the trash in the sand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-12-2022, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ugadigger View post
I donít get the chance to post in the most entertaining subforum often so hereís my finds from a few morning/night hunts; all junkers but the cleansweep coil was GREAT in the dry sand!

PS: my tribute to Earl since he always seems to do a post script howboutit, itís amazing you beach hunters donít slice open your foot bc of the trash in the sand!

Are you hunting barefoot ? I wear my work boots on wet slopes and much boots in shallow water... When someone posts in the beach forum they better be wearing their big boy pants

Looks like you had a good time congrats..

Whites MXT All Pro
Founding Member of RingKeepers

Banned Spammers: 1084

Old 05-12-2022, 08:37 PM
Elite Member

I only tried detecting barefoot one time. It took a while for the blisters the sun caused on the tops of my feet to heal. I wear a hard soled dive boot.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:59 PM
A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil

I believe I have found and sold one of those "King Will" Tungstens.
Originally Posted by Cfmct View post
Are you hunting barefoot ? I wear my work boots on wet slopes and much boots in shallow water... When someone posts in the beach forum they better be wearing their big boy pants
Craig is very overprotective of his feet which is why he wears boots. Croc's suffice for me.

Founding Member of RingKeepers - A For-Profit Organization!

Old 05-12-2022, 10:19 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Cfmct View post

Looks like you had a good time congrats..
Well I forgot to pack my boots so I am trying to be careful. The beach is packed with people and summer hasnít even started yet!

Originally Posted by georgeinsc View post
I only tried detecting barefoot one time. It took a while for the blisters the sun caused on the tops of my feet to heal. I wear a hard soled dive boot.

Yeah I donít do sun so I stay on the balcony until after the crowds disperse and get in a couple hours at night.
Originally Posted by FelixtheCat View post
I believe I have found and sold one of those "King Will" Tungstens.

Craig is very overprotective of his feet which is why he wears boots. Croc's suffice for me.

A Man has to take care of the feet! My 13yo son loves the ring, I had to make him take it off before we went to dinner tonight!

Old 05-13-2022, 03:17 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by ugadigger View post
itís amazing you beach hunters donít slice open your foot bc of the trash in the sand!
Amazing hunt... if there had been real jewelry there is no doubt in my mind that you would have found it!

I save my junk sneakers for detecting the beach. Once they get water logged and smelly, I just pitch them. I created a safety article and training for my employees that respond to certain public parks and beaches because of exposure to medical waste / drug paraphernalia. But the higher risk (in our area) is actually from sand replenishment. The machines chop up aluminum cans and the shards can be like razor blades scattered onto the beach.

Old 05-13-2022, 07:01 PM
Supporter

man that sand replenishment is horrible if it shreds cans in to little pieces. I thought we only had that to worry about as a land lubber where the lawn mowing industry seems to be hell bent on seeding the land with can slaw.

Old 05-13-2022, 07:53 PM
Elite Member

Hard sole dive boots are best if you get wet feet. Bare foot is asking for cuts

Old 05-15-2022, 10:03 PM
Supporter

Nice finds, UGA!

[QUOTE I save my junk sneakers for detecting the beach. Once they get water logged and smelly, I just pitch them. I created a safety article and training for my employees that respond to certain public parks and beaches because of exposure to medical waste / drug paraphernalia. But the higher risk (in our area) is actually from sand replenishment. The machines chop up aluminum cans and the shards can be like razor blades scattered onto the beach.

[/QUOTE]

There are some nasties out there, and aside from shoes, gloves are a must. The last town where I lived, the park district started putting in new woodchips in the totlots. The wood must have been from tossed out lumber because there were metal chunks in there, and some had sharp edges from the chipper. Made nice signals on the machine, but a bad choice for totlots.

Old 05-15-2022, 10:13 PM
24K Larry

Way to go! FWIW me and one friend always hunt barefoot. Then two friends always wear water shoes. I had a sputnik go through a dive boot early on and couldn't get it out til shore. Plus you can feel stingrays barefoot before you get tagged. A flounder does make your butt pucker for a second waiting for some pain

Old 05-19-2022, 07:16 AM
Elite Member

Good job! I am heading down there next month. Hopefully I will find a ring or two. Matt.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT3lt5YN59j_6NrzpC9yg0g