• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Good day of hunting

stetam

Elite Member
Went out across the road from my house last night to a field that had had manure spread on it three days ago then disc'd. In the past all I have found there was old nails, buttons and horse tack. Well this trip was no different. I still love finding old flat buttons. Then this morning I meet up with petejc to detect an old home site that is now a vacant field. In past trips there I have dug a lot of wheaties, one IHP and a few tokens but I knew it would still put out. After 4 hours I came back with some clad, a copper bible page marker, 4 wheaties and 1891 and 1904 IHP's. I'll let petejc chime in about what he found.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_2914.jpg
    IMG_2914.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_2910.jpg
    IMG_2910.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 329
Nice hunt.

I too love those old flat buttons, and I really like that very old looking page marker. Looks like it might clean up well too. And congrats on the Injuns, token, buckles etc. Good stuff.

Nice finds đź‘Ť. I found something today similar to the next to last piece in the 2nd pic. I first thought it was some kind of spike but it was a carriage bolt with an unusually long square shoulder (half the length of the bolt).

Nice IHPs and Bible book mark! Anything on the other side of the token?

Back
Top Bottom