Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 05-01-2021, 10:41 AM
A Knight of the Round Coil

Default After Work Hunt Leads to Golden Honey and Some Silver!

Conditions calmed enough for me to ask my boss to leave a bit early so I could take an early plunge out at the beach. I headed just a bit before dismissal and was out in the water by 2:30 pm. I really thought that at about an hour into the hunt I had scored a gold in an area I had just found 2 greeny nickels in a row. I even thought I saw “575” when I took the ring out again for a close gander. Needless to say, I was a little disappointed when I got home and saw that “925” with my jeweler’s glasses. I was however pleasantly surprised that massive “junk” earring is actually marked “925”. (It weighs in at 11.4 grs.) And I can’t believe I got another 2 car fobs! That little jar of honey was just weird!! The real gold wasn’t in the scoop again, but it was fabulous to get a 5-hour hunt in after work on a nice-looking day.
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2021, 11:12 AM
Supporter

Beautiful day out ! Do you dig about 80-90% of your targets , or do you disc much ?

Old 05-01-2021, 11:22 AM
Elite Member

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Good luck out there!

Old 05-01-2021, 11:25 AM
Elite Member

Talking Golden Honey

Gee let me get my Telescope out , let me guess , you climbed a sky scrapper to get that distant shot of Girls on the beach so much for promoting your shade store, Ill tell all the girls' the designer shades are back ordered , all the guy's the speedo's are half price

Excalibur Blue 1000, Excalibur Blue 800, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Surf Pi DF, Scuba Tector, XP Deus WS5, F -75 SE-Boost & DST , 1976 Coin Master ***** In The Past Detectors used -- Two- E-trac's , V3I, Omega 8000, 4- Euro Tek Pro's,2- F75 Standard, Cz70 Pro, Cz20 , Excalibur Sword, Two Excalibur 2's & my 1st - One Hot Blue Excalibur 10, Sovereign Gt

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:26 AM
Elite Member

Nice Finds !! Glad you got out and found some goodies. Nice photos.

www.youtube.com/user/pescadoremetaldetect

Old 05-01-2021, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by KOB View post
Beautiful day out ! Do you dig about 80-90% of your targets , or do you disc much ?
I dig at least 90%. I keep the Excal on AM most of the time. Missing from the pics are the PT's, bottle caps, pieces from the aluminum cans, etc. I have been wanting to add a PI to my arsenal since I sold my Sand Shark. I didn't pull the trigger on White's BHID waiting to see what would happen with Fisher's AQ and now that we know its capabilities White's is out of business.

Old 05-01-2021, 11:54 AM

Felix as always I am in awe of your hunts and finds. I was definitely expecting something other than actual honey. As I saw the first pic I thought briefly that maybe he means a tanned "honey" of some sort (very sexist use of the word "honey" by the way...but I was gonna let it slide...lol) Then I saw it....pretty funny. So I do have a water hunting question as I am finally getting in some....it's a clothing question....what material or brand of shorts/pants do you wear ....shirt too. Though, I figure you go shirtless with some of your best shades on display....don't know why I figure that...but it's probably not accurate. Anyways....advice on clothing ??

Old 05-01-2021, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by StPetePaulie View post
Felix as always I am in awe of your hunts and finds. I was definitely expecting something other than actual honey. As I saw the first pic I thought briefly that maybe he means a tanned "honey" of some sort (very sexist use of the word "honey" by the way...but I was gonna let it slide...lol) Then I saw it....pretty funny. So I do have a water hunting question as I am finally getting in some....it's a clothing question....what material or brand of shorts/pants do you wear ....shirt too. Though, I figure you go shirtless with some of your best shades on display....don't know why I figure that...but it's probably not accurate. Anyways....advice on clothing ??
"Dry-fit" material short-sleeve shirt for morning and late afternoons; a long-sleeve one for mid day. My current short sleeve shirt is an orange one (Under Armor) that I bought in 2011 for my first Camino hike in 2012 across Spain. It's faded on the proper side so I wear it inside out. It's stitched equally on both sides so it doesn't matter. It's my main detecting shirt. For shorts, I wear loose bathing suit type trunks with pockets in. (Dry-fit as well?) If you go that route, you need to cut out the bathing suit liner as it digs into the groin. The current one I have now has a small zippered compartment in the back and is fading out. VERY IMPORTANT! I wear dry-fit boxer briefs underneath to help prevent chafing. Shoes are Crocs. I have tried the dive booties and they just don't do it for me causing a lot of foot pain. Occasionally, I'll get underarm chafing that I can prevent by using runner's "Glide". I just forget to put it on.

Old 05-01-2021, 01:40 PM
Administrator

What is it with Earl... I think he has been on a ship too long... he should leave his bunker sometime and go shopping you don't need to go to the beach to see skimpy dressed women....

False advertising yet again from you Of course I was expecting yellow metal not plated over silver... maybe you can retire early with that score of $8.78

Founding Member of RingKeepers

Banned Spammers 1021

Last edited by Cfmct; 05-01-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Old 05-01-2021, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by FelixtheCat View post
"Dry-fit" material short-sleeve shirt for morning and late afternoons; a long-sleeve one for mid day. My current short sleeve shirt is an orange one (Under Armor) that I bought in 2011 for my first Camino hike in 2012 across Spain. It's faded on the proper side so I wear it inside out. It's stitched equally on both sides so it doesn't matter. It's my main detecting shirt. For shorts, I wear loose bathing suit type trunks with pockets in. (Dry-fit as well?) If you go that route, you need to cut out the bathing suit liner as it digs into the groin. The current one I have now has a small zippered compartment in the back and is fading out. VERY IMPORTANT! I wear dry-fit boxer briefs underneath to help prevent chafing. Shoes are Crocs. I have tried the dive booties and they just don't do it for me causing a lot of foot pain. Occasionally, I'll get underarm chafing that I can prevent by using runner's "Glide". I just forget to put it on.
Thanks Felix...I'm going to do some online shopping now ! I have some boots I've been trying out, Barts Bay Armor Wading Boots. Once I get some serious hours in them, I will give a review. I like them so far but there is just too much that I don't know yet.

Old 05-01-2021, 04:33 PM
Elite Member

Talking Cfm-ct Reply

Keep stealing Kob lines , he has a Pat# on Bunkers , Ps Felix doesn't need gold , his sunglass hut is fully stocked , Fact Check that , however some how , he can't ship me any Ray Bans

Excalibur Blue 1000, Excalibur Blue 800, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Surf Pi DF, Scuba Tector, XP Deus WS5, F -75 SE-Boost & DST , 1976 Coin Master ***** In The Past Detectors used -- Two- E-trac's , V3I, Omega 8000, 4- Euro Tek Pro's,2- F75 Standard, Cz70 Pro, Cz20 , Excalibur Sword, Two Excalibur 2's & my 1st - One Hot Blue Excalibur 10, Sovereign Gt

Old 05-01-2021, 05:04 PM
Supporter

Nice hunt! Used vape pens...becoming the new pull tab of metal detecting!

Old 05-01-2021, 06:28 PM
Elite Member

You must have a huge "finds" bag. That water was very nice today, glad you could get out. Great Hunt!

Old 05-01-2021, 06:37 PM
Elite Member

GOLDEN honey?? I was looking frantically for the gold ring, earring, bracelet, etc., but HONEY? I am so disturbed by your choice of words! But anyway, what are those long sticks that say "candy" and stuff? I find loads at my local park.

Josh

P.S. Great hunt!

Tell the truth, and only of the truth.

Old 05-01-2021, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Metal detecto View post
GOLDEN honey?? I was looking frantically for the gold ring, earring, bracelet, etc., but HONEY? I am so disturbed by your choice of words! But anyway, what are those long sticks that say "candy" and stuff? I find loads at my local park.

Josh

P.S. Great hunt!
Vape pens

Anaconda NX6. Clad 2021@36.20 Silvers@7 Gold@0 .925@1

Old 05-01-2021, 10:43 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Jed Carroll View post
Vape pens
Oh, what is vape- nevermind. Sheesh. I thought at night only the owls were active...

Josh

Old 05-02-2021, 01:47 AM
Supporter

Wow! 11 gram earring is some serious weight on the ear lobe. Congrats on the 925s

Old 05-03-2021, 08:50 AM
Elite Member

Did you confirm it was honey by a test taste? Could be "medical" honey another great haul, congrats man!

☆Oldest Coin FTY: Undated KG? ☆

Old 05-03-2021, 12:10 PM
Elite Member

Maybe it's a type of honey that's rarer than gold?