Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > War Relic Hunting

Old 03-13-2021, 10:56 AM
Supporter

Default Lost civil war treasure / FBI recovery ?

https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...edd48d6da92d00 and https://www.foxnews.com/us/fbi-agent...ernment-emails

Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV ,BH discovery 3300, Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , just retired at the end of 2017 ,so hope I can spend a lot more time detecting in the future. Collect Philippines coins as a hobby

Old 03-13-2021, 11:39 AM
Elite Member

"Theyíd hoped to work with the agency to unearth the buried loot, and secure a finderís fee in the process."Sure, that sounds like a plan!

Now if I can just find a dutch oven full of gold coins!

Old 03-13-2021, 12:23 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 View post
https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...edd48d6da92d00 and https://www.foxnews.com/us/fbi-agent...ernment-emails
Wonder if there are any forum members in that general area ?

John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Old 03-13-2021, 12:35 PM

Didnít this come up in a thread a few weeks back?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:58 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Don Otreply View post
Didn't see it if it did , but diffrent news articles from a number of sources being released on it recently. Definatly one of those events i would like to know the answer and truth on.

Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV ,BH discovery 3300, Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , just retired at the end of 2017 ,so hope I can spend a lot more time detecting in the future. Collect Philippines coins as a hobby

Old 03-13-2021, 05:08 PM
Supporter

older article on the treasure with some more back ground on the source .https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2018/...ve-been-found/

Old 03-13-2021, 05:13 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Don Otreply View post
I think the "finders" were in the news again 2 weeks ago talking about their lawsuits and records requests against the FBI.

Old 03-13-2021, 10:56 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by GKL View post
Wonder if there are any forum members in that general area ?
I am not that far from there. Shhhh. Donít tell anyone but I already found it....haha

Matthew 6:21

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-13-2021, 10:57 PM
Supporter

Talking

Originally Posted by partyofone View post
I am not that far from there. Shhhh. Donít tell anyone but I already found it....haha

John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Old 03-14-2021, 01:23 AM
Supporter

good article on the lost Confederate treasury https://southernsentinel.wordpress.c...rate-treasure/

Old 03-15-2021, 05:50 PM

first things first...if there ever was any gold ..exspecially in the amounts that some claim..why isnt there any record of it ever being there or missing..secondly there was named individuals who supposedly accompanied siad wagon...once again no evidence that those people ever existed on any payroll. Finders Keepers got their info from a source who is/was known as a folk lore story teller. I know a person who specializes in lost treasures and he checked the congressional library and couldnt find any information on the lost gold or personel associated with it.yes someone could have robbed a stage coach or train and burried it near Dent's Run.and native americans..indians ..were known to of habited the area but as far as wagon load of gold..i doubt it...this particular group has claimed to of found other treasures but no one has ever seen proof either in person or photos of anything treasure wise that they claim to have found.

Old 03-16-2021, 12:32 AM
Supporter

Made me wonder what kind of wages the Union and Confederacy payed their troops that they would need for payroll . Looked it up and found this .https://www.battlefields.org/learn/a...s/military-pay

Old 05-18-2021, 10:05 PM
Supporter

up date law suite . / https://gruntstuff.com/lawyer-demand...r-gold/178466/

Old 05-18-2021, 10:56 PM
Elite Member

OMG ! How did I miss this thread when it first came out ?

Guys, this clown "finders keepers" hasn't "found" a single red cent. He has a twisted sense of the past-tense-word "found". To his way of thinking, if he chases a ghost-story-camp-fire legend, pulls out a dowsing rod, and the rod points to a certain valley, or cave, or swamp, then PRESTO : He's "found" (past tense) a treasure. Now it's merely a matter of government paperwork to drain the swamp, pinpoint the exact spot, iron-out taxes and finders fees, etc.... BUT REST ASSURED : He's FOUND (past tense) a "treasure". Right ?

And he spends years running around to all sorts of govt. offices, and seeking media attention tooting-his-horn, etc.... All the while using the past tense usage of the word "found", even though he's never seen a single cent ! But utterly convinced that it's *most certainly* in some location, *if only* he could get through govt. red tape.

So it would be like if I ran around to LEO agencies and govt. agencies, telling them I knew where murder victim bodies were buried. And FINALLY I get some agency to come out and dig where I told them. And they dig and dig and say "we haven't found any bodies". Then I can hatch a giant conspiracy , run around and seek all sorts of media publicity, about how there's a "hush job" and "conspiracy", blah blah.

And the more that the govt. insists "there was no treasure there", is ALL THE MORE PROOF of a conspiracy and coverup. Eh ?

GUYS ! FK hasn't found ANYTHING ! There IS NO TREASURE ! He's nuts ! And this has caused a few people to get banned from T'net, where , sadly, a moderator there is friends with the FK dude, and thus disallows any skepticism on the subject. Sad. And FK is a real black eye for the md'ing community.

Sorry, I had to rant !

Old 05-22-2021, 07:02 AM
Elite Member

up date law suite . / https://gruntstuff.com/lawyer-demand...r-gold/178466/
That has to be one of the most poorly written articles I've ever read. EVER !

Old 05-22-2021, 10:33 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by kajunman View post
That has to be one of the most poorly written articles I've ever read. EVER !
I know. It's as if the writer doesn't even have command of the English language. What the heck news-source is "Gruntstuff" ? Must be Some penny rag newspaper from India ? No doubt more sources that FK had to resort to, because reputable news sources are not interested in his fantasy any longer .

Old 05-22-2021, 01:04 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by pa-searcher View post
first things first...if there ever was any gold ..exspecially in the amounts that some claim..why isnt there any record of it ever being there or missing..secondly there was named individuals who supposedly accompanied siad wagon...once again no evidence that those people ever existed on any payroll. Finders Keepers got their info from a source who is/was known as a folk lore story teller. I know a person who specializes in lost treasures and he checked the congressional library and couldnt find any information on the lost gold or personel associated with it.yes someone could have robbed a stage coach or train and burried it near Dent's Run.and native americans..indians ..were known to of habited the area but as far as wagon load of gold..i doubt it...this particular group has claimed to of found other treasures but no one has ever seen proof either in person or photos of anything treasure wise that they claim to have found.
Not just missing from payroll records... missing from all army records, all newspapers, all birth and death records...

Old 05-22-2021, 07:52 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Tpmetal View post
Not just missing from payroll records... missing from all army records, all newspapers, all birth and death records...
Ah, but don't you realize ? Rather than this being proof of "no treasure", it's actually just "proof of the coverup conspiracy". The secret cabal of sinister men, stand around in trench coats and dark sun-glasses, scheming way to steal treasures from FK ! That's the ticket !

Old 05-23-2021, 09:27 AM
Supporter

Another article on that reported lost treasure https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nsylvania.html and https://www.ancient-origins.net/news...r-gold-0015032

Old 05-23-2021, 09:40 AM
Elite Member

Another article on that reported lost treasure https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nsylvania.html and https://www.ancient-origins.net/news...r-gold-0015032
David, where are you coming up with these news sources ? Are they ones that FK himself trots out to the public ? Or are you searching for (googling) and finding these ? I have a suspicion that FK is soliciting (beating drums and begging for media attention), and found these spurious non-reputable outlets to spew his story.

According to wiki, this "Daily Mail" rag, is sort of on-par with something akin to the National Enquirer. Ie.: Not reputable. Here's the quote from wiki:

" ....The Daily Mail has been noted for its unreliability and widely criticised for its printing of sensationalist and inaccurate scare stories of science and ....."

As for "Ancient Origins": Same accusation, according to this website : https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/ancient-origins/

Overall, we rate Ancient Origins a moderate conspiracy and pseudoscience source based on the promotion of ancient aliens. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting as they also publish credible pro-science information.