Introduce Myself from South N.J.

steve-in-atco

Hello everyone:

I am new to MD and my 1st detector is due to arrive tomorrow. I bought a Garrett APEX and I hope I'll be happy with it. I did a lot of searching on the internet and settled on this machine,

I am a retired USAF Air Traffic Controller and live in South Jersey, about 30 to 40 miles from the coast.

Looking forward to finding something buried.

Steve-in-atco

thanks for your service Steve. happy you must have been able to survive Ronald Reagan's war on controllers.

you are going to have a lot of fun!

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

I used to work on the electronics on the Navy F4 Phantom jets back in the early 1970's and one time while I was working a shift on a land base I think I might have unintentionally aggravated the control tower, I was in the cockpit of an F4 checking a reported problem with the radio, I think I called the tower maybe about 6 or 7 times asking for a radio check and got no response, if I remember correctly I think it turned out they could hear me but I couldn't hear them, I probably should have stopped after calling maybe 2 times asking for a radio check and not hearing a response :lol:

Gary mds5.gif

:fmdfwelcome: We're glad to have you! I, too, am interested in hearing what you think of the Apex once you've tried it out. It sounds like a fantastic machine, and I hope it works well for you!

My thanks to you for serving our country.

Back
Top Bottom