Went searching for silver #32, but instead came back with $27.00 in clad

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Today, I went back to a park that I had not been to in about a year. The city had done some dredging of the park's creek. Some of the dirt was scattered around the park. I had a field day! About $27.00 in clad or like 225 coins.

In the five hours I was there I found numerous coin spills. Several had 6-8 quarters within. One especially good area that I hit was the drained manmade shallow pond that is used as an overflow drainage of rain water. The park was so rich with targets at times that I was able to use just my pinpointer to find coins.

Even though I was not able to break any of my personal best records of specific denominations of clad, I am very happy with my day's results.
It still turned out to being a good day.

I think I will be going back to this park again as there are plenty more areas to hunt.

Thanks for checking out my post!

Attachments

• IMG_2109.jpg
    IMG_2109.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 402
Thank you!

Great job!! Just looking at all this wore me out! Happy Hunting.

Thanks Diggerjonny! What wears me out is when I don't find any targets...lol.

well, you can buy some silver!

Thanks ToySoldier! By my calculations it is like finding 22 merc dimes.

Just when you thought the clad hunting was getting tough. :lol:
Awesome MEGACLAD opportunity hunt!

Thanks Foragist! You said that right. But, thankfully I found two clad mines this week that will required return visits when the day and circumstances are just right.

Holy cow JAKman!

:shock:

That’s a ton of clad!!!

Nice work :wow:

Thanks GroundSweeper! I am trying to take advantage of the good weather before the ground starts to freeze up. I sure got lucky with this site. But there's got to be a lonely merc in there somewhere.

Wow! That’s a heck of a hunt Jak! Nice job 👍

Thanks WyoTom! The many coin spills sure made things a lot easier and more fun for sure.

Eeeeeeeeeeee Cladssssssssssssssss LOL :) Nice

Thanks DigginDemOldCoi! I got luck this time. I filled up my coin pouch and had to start dropping coins into my trash section of my pouch too.

Nice, hope they were quick finds! That's a lot of digs

Thanks MuddyMo! I was working non-stop. I was taking advantage of the right circumstances.

Great pic and impressive totals!

Thanks LovestheShiny! If I am not finding those darn elusive silvers and will gladly settle on those Mega clad days.

Like someone already said... Buy $27 worth of silver. You could probably get a 1oz silver round for that. That is a ton of coins for one hunt!!

Thank you!

Now that's a lot of clad and digging. Nice going.

Thanks Jamflicker! I went back to the same location today. I have not added it up yet but it appears to be another $20+ kind of a day. Thanks for your kind words.

Like someone already said... Buy $27 worth of silver. You could probably get a 1oz silver round for that. That is a ton of coins for one hunt!!

Thanks porschephille! Clad has been real good to me these past years. I am in silver but with market ETFs and getting close to unloading them soon. Thanks again for your comment.

Jak you must have knees of steel man. $27 in clad is quite the haul! I found an undetected park last year but it took me three tries to clean out most of the clad, about 15 bucks each time and I was beat!
Way to clean em up!

Thank you!

Jak you must have knees of steel man. $27 in clad is quite the haul! I found an undetected park last year but it took me three tries to clean out most of the clad, about 15 bucks each time and I was beat!
Way to clean em up!

Thanks davedude! The key for me is that I squat and don't go down on my knees. I find it fast and efficient this way. Side note, a lot of good guys/clubs out there in Tx that detect. I used to live out down there...lots of old parks and vacant lots.

Back
Top Bottom