Forced into the water!!!!

Dan B.

Elite Member
With the recent high temperatures in the 90's and lack of rain, the ground is hard as a rock. This would make it pretty irresponsible to try to cut a plug.

So this has forced me to head to the water. I have made 2 trips totaling about 7 hours. Close to $5 in change, Sunglasses and your typical beach trash. I manage to pull 4 rings. 1 copper bling ring 2 Silvers .925, 1 stainless steel men's ring.

I still have not found my gold but the water sure was nice.

Attachments

• 20200706_153838.jpg
    20200706_153838.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 702
  • 20200628_225519.jpg
    20200628_225519.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 711
  • 20200706_152053.jpg
    20200706_152053.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 690
I got into water hunting because I couldn't take the summer heat. Congrats on getting out and scoring some goodies!

Good hunt and finds. I am in Atlanta, temp in high 90's and humidity. So after I get my taxes done, I will head to the lake. My main passion is Civil War relics, but in July it super hot, and with the rain the weeds are now shoulder. On July 20, 1864 in Atlanta along Peachtree Creek hundreds of thousands of soldiers were fighting and getting blown apart and dying. Hard to imagine, but all battles are hard to imagine.

Well done, maybe you should stay in the water. Congrats

Boy that’s for sure! If you can find the above it’s just a matter time before you find the gold. Good luck!

Here,here!

Staying in the water definitely a good idea. Unfortunately the place in which these were found has issued a yellow flag for bacteria levels. The other body of water which I hunt has started its seasonal toxic algae bloom. I will try to make a back out .

Great stuff!

With the toxic algae bloom started and the yellow flag for bacteria levels I may have to go to the sand. Early on Monday morning and out before gets warm.

I got into water hunting because I couldn't take the summer heat. Congrats on getting out and scoring some goodies!

Stay cool and safe down there in Florida! Hopefully you find some good stuff that's been dropped.

Good show !

Thanks Tom!

Looks like an excellent idea. I will try that myself hopefully this weekend.
Congrats on the fabulous hunt!

Happy hunting and good luck stay safe.

Good hunt and finds. I am in Atlanta, temp in high 90's and humidity. So after I get my taxes done, I will head to the lake. My main passion is Civil War relics, but in July it super hot, and with the rain the weeds are now shoulder. On July 20, 1864 in Atlanta along Peachtree Creek hundreds of thousands of soldiers were fighting and getting blown apart and dying. Hard to imagine, but all battles are hard to imagine.

It is a sombering thought to know that people died on the battlefield. I've been to Shiloh, And there is quite an eerie feeling. Would love to find some Civil War artifacts myself best of luck to you.

With the recent high temperatures in the 90's and lack of rain, the ground is hard as a rock. This would make it pretty irresponsible to try to cut a plug.

So this has forced me to head to the water. I have made 2 trips totaling about 7 hours. Close to $5 in change, Sunglasses and your typical beach trash. I manage to pull 4 rings. 1 copper bling ring 2 Silvers .925, 1 stainless steel men's ring.

I still have not found my gold but the water sure was nice.

I've never found a stainless ring with that much detail. Are you sure it's not platinum?

Very cool finds regardless. 2 silvers is awesome!

Skippy

I've never found a stainless ring with that much detail. Are you sure it's not platinum?

Very cool finds regardless. 2 silvers is awesome!

Skippy

I did not see any markings on the inside of the band. It weighs 8.1 g. I might have to do a specific gravity test. I hate to have it tested, the place I take it will file a big notch in the side. But either way it is a cool looking ring thanks.

Back
Top Bottom