This place is hunted out ! Still.......

Wom 27

Elite Member
I have just found the utmost respect for anyone whose managed to find a trime. At first I wasn’t gonna dig this bouncing signal. But I had spent an hour and a half with one clad dime and a button to show for my work , so why not ? I knew there was something, I just didn’t feel it was a coin. And when I first saw it in the hole, it looked like a kids sticker. No date, but I’ll take it. 48BDE05E-C721-47EB-A5D6-5A1D39567EB4.jpeg

183B6C83-2545-465E-810D-2793C12210FC.jpeg

0E04640E-B293-46C8-89BC-20662EA6827F.jpeg

Nice score. And if you think they're hard to find in PA, try finding one in CA ! :sissyfight:

Congrats! From everything I've read, they fall into the "no man's land" between US nickels and US pennies. I bet a few of us have had our coils over them and moved on.

I hunted early this morning to beat the heat and I wouldn't have done any worse if I had spent the day digging oddball signals. Heck, I might have found small silver or some gold.

The photo shows a date 184? Under a glass looks like you can pull the date out. Nice find! I dig all 70's signals with my AT Pro. Found the 70's could be anything so why not dig them.

Sweet trime. I've bought one off ebay just to practice with and can't say I would ever pay attention to the signal out in the field.

Well done.

Well done! I'm guilty of ignoring those numbers especially when jumpy when in trashy areas or being lazy. Anything above iron can be a great find. If only they weren't such a small percentage of the times... Of course then they wouldn't be such a prize. Congrats.

WOW ! A seated and now a trime plus all those old coppers you've been digging. Some great hunting ground you have. Whats next, a seated half or a gold coin ? A huge attaboy Wom on a sweet save. Like the other comments I'm guilty of passing on those bouncy oddball number signals. Risk vs reward, I guess the site would help determine plus if I hit something old or cool early in the hunt it seems I'm more likely to dig iffy signals. Good luck, Mark

Congrats on a real bucket lister - trimes are few and far between!

I found my only one a few years ago - I was amazed my AT Pro managed to pick out that tiny coin buried under rocks and roots in the woods.

Well congrats on a nice find first of all. It looks like a type 1 which puts it at a 1851, '52, or '53. try some angled light and you should pull a date. I would guess its a 1853 as the 51 is easier to id, the last number is rounded on top, but its hard to see if there is a flat line for the two. A better pic might be a big help. The type one trimes are .750 silver and .250 copper.

Huge congrats on the tiny coin! That date is a tough read, but the eyes on this forum have ID'ed far tougher dates than that. A good, close-up, focused photo with proper lighting is the key. It seems I'm not the only one who likes to see a worn date get nailed down. :yes:

Huge congrats on the tiny coin! That date is a tough read, but the eyes on this forum have ID'ed far tougher dates than that. A good, close-up, focused photo with proper lighting is the key. It seems I'm not the only one who likes to see a worn date get nailed down. :yes:

Agreed, I love the challenge.I have it down to three years, most likely two, Those little coins are hard to find and the type 1 have a low silver grade.

Back
Top Bottom