Tried the Andy Sabisch Nox coin program...3 older little green ladies!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and

I was perusing one of the forums and I saw a link to this vid some member posted.
Can't find it now so thanks to whoever it was that posted that, thanks to the guy that made that vid and thanks to Andy, also.

I don't have the book but this tutorial was good enough so I set mine up this way...sort of.
I already had a program saved that was kinda like it that I did myself but I used this one instead and still tweaked it to my liking a bit.
Once a tweaker always a tweaker.
Raised up the disc in the bottom end more than usually do and took a little off the top to get rid of high tone iron falsing, also turned a couple of nickel numbers into high tones cause I love finding nickels and nickel area bigger gold.
I hunted in Field 2 because that seems to work best in my dirt and most of the rest was set like he had done it in the vid.
Also I had the sniper coil mounted.
Then I went to my local park and hit some areas I had hunted literally more than 100 times to see if I could find any coins at all but older ones were the goal for today.

On the hunt it didn't seem all that different from my regular settings except maybe it was a little quieter and more stable over junk, a few less garbage and falsing signals than usual and even though I am really good noticing good tones with all my detectors putting out a wall of sound sometimes a quieter environment can be a good thing if it lets me notice a few good masked signals easier.

All was going well, I picked up a few modern coins in one area that I missed in the past, two bullets, a few coins and a couple of head stamps in another area I headed to to concentrate on finding some older coins.
This area was right at the edge of the park and it was where I found my very first Indian which seems so very long ago.
Nothing else much really going on but I was having fun and I did notice I was digging less iron than usual, the ones that false into the higher ranges so that was nice.
Eventually the heat started to come in pretty good so I decided I was hungry and it was time to go home so I walked out of this flatter area and headed towards the truck which was down a little hill and through some small woods.
The second I was clear of the open area into the bushes and trees I got a nice, clear tone that was hitting between 21 and 23.
Mostly this would be a zincoln but I assume nothing because my devil dirt up-averages just about everything if it is past an inch or two in depth.
Still thought it was going to be zinc but there were 3 or 4 bars in the depth meter so I went after it hoping it would be an Indian.
Dug down about 4-5" and a dirty, crusty cent pops up so, cool.
I rubbed some dirt off with my fingers for a few seconds and what do I see...a big ol' ONE CENT starts to appear and not the kind on the back of a wheatie.
Way cool...so I did find an Indian and I also see some very nice green color showing through which I love.
I had to get a twig to clean off the crust around the date and what do you know...it was an 1886 and the first time I got into the 1800's for this year.
Of course I had to stay a bit longer and search around this area and a few feet away I get the same exact numbers as that first one so I dug down and another green Indian come up, this one a 1906.
Now I am really happy, one Indian is a great hunt for me, two makes it even better.
A little more searching and bingo...another exact same signal as the first two!
Another crusty cent, a little rubbing and I see that ONE CENT, again...more work on the date area and I see 1892...twice into the 1800's and 3 Indians in one hunt.
This only happened to me once before when I found a deep coin spill in an old park in KC where 3 of them were hanging out down there with an old wheatie.

I was flying high so I searched a little more but nothing else was showing up and the heat and humidity would not stop rising so I left and vowed to return with the same settings but next time with the bigger, standard coil.

So could I have found these Indians and the other stuff with my regular settings, maybe, probably...but I found them all using these settings so props to Andy and the advice.
I am a gold hunter at heart so raising the disc up all the way to 11 is something I never do but sometimes you just have to set a specific goal and commit to it.
That certainly worked out well for me on this hunt, for sure.

Attachments

• 3indians.jpg
    3indians.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,054
  • photostudio_1591479189524.jpg
    photostudio_1591479189524.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,088
Last edited:
Good job. Leave a couple for me to find when I come hunting with you. [emoji1]

Luv them greenies ! (unless they are green LC's, then I hate them, doh !)

Good job. Leave a couple for me to find when I come hunting with you. [emoji1]
This is an old park hunted to death so many times all the local club guys gave up on it years ago but it is big with all kinds of dirt both good and bad that still holds small areas with pockets of treasure that I can find mostly because I hunt there so much and because it is so close and convenient.
I have found 2 pieces of gold, a couple of silver jewelry pieces, several buffs, 3 V nickels, silver rosies and mercs and and a bunch of other cool stuff here.
Oh yea...also a 1922 Peace dollar.
Not so hunted out after all, I think.

Luv them greenies ! (unless they are green LC's, then I hate them, doh !)

Yep, my dirt turns most of these pretty green which I love.
Surprisingly, the clay here deposits a nice crust on steel war cents and protects them a lot of the time so I have found a few of those that I can clean and aren't just unrecognizable rusted discs...so you take the good with the bad, I guess.

Great job, and narrative, digger!

Thanks!

Nice find!

Rare for me so things like this keeps me going...and ever hopeful.

Back
Top Bottom