Lee 1968 gave me a idea

benglert2626

I work for a church that was built in 1867, I care for grounds and everything else. I read lee1968 post about digging at church. it never dawned on me. So not even a half HR after I read his post I started digging. Just happened to have my Garrett with me. Lol. Three modern pennies and I hit this, the gods are definitely smiling on. It's only my second dig. me.
8dcb69632f254f3991dd5b705a2414f6.jpg
1a8d5a336ff74597ce5f2943d4cdb0df.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Happy Friday!! That is a great find and wow - I can't believe you've never thought of detecting there before! Hope there are more treasures awaiting you soon

Over my 40+ years of digging old churches have yielded some of my best finds. Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Friday!! That is a great find and wow - I can't believe you've never thought of detecting there before! Hope there are more treasures awaiting you soon
Well I've only been officially digging 1 week, I actually was thinking it's not right, you know holy ground and all that. There's my Catholic Guilt kicking in. lol but since I take care of grass anyway, what the hell.

I have lots of ground to cover, just to hot today. I might go back tonight when it's cools down. I'm sure there are other coins there.

Well I've only been officially digging 1 week, I actually was thinking it's not right, you know holy ground and all that. There's my Catholic Guilt kicking in. lol but since I take care of grass anyway, what the hell.

Ha Ha tell me about it...I hunted an excellent old Catholic Church (dug a Morgan dollar)...Fr. Mike there gave his approval for me to hunt the cemetery across the road...I politely refused.

That's where my 1937 quarter came from last week,church.😁 Today got a beat penny 1914 but the funny find was a earring that says" protect this woman"

Well I've only been officially digging 1 week, I actually was thinking it's not right, you know holy ground and all that. There's my Catholic Guilt kicking in. lol but since I take care of grass anyway, what the hell. ...

Beautiful coin. Love that green patina ! And as for your guilt feelings, don't worry, I will absolve you of all guilt. Just kindly send that coin to me, as penance, and all will be forgiven ! :cool3:

Whoa, hold on a minute, that guilt feeling left as soon as I found that 2cent piece. That's what's good about us Catholics, all we have to do is go to confession and were good to go. Lol.

Whoa, hold on a minute, that guilt feeling left as soon as I found that 2cent piece. That's what's good about us Catholics, all we have to do is go to confession and were good to go. Lol. ...

Well then, as a protestant, here's my advice : You need to keep that coin. And look at it daily. To underscore the guilt for you daily. As an object lesson for you to never again repeat such indiscretions. Pull it out 1x per day, shed a tear of remorse, then put it back on the shelf. Ok ? This seems to be appropriate punishment .

Back
Top Bottom