• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

February Beach Hunting Totals

beachclad

I think I jinxed myself choosing the username "beachclad". Apparently that's all I can find! Maybe I should have chosen the name "beachgold"!

All of my outings for the month were at the beach (I plan to hit some parks this summer). An even mix of dry and wet sand. Not as many cuts near my area this month compared to January. My regular beach is sanded in for the most part, but I did find some new areas several miles away.

My ACE 300 was killed by a riptide half-way through the month so I didn't detect for a week while my new Equinox 600 was being shipped. I live next to the beach so I detect pretty much every day after work for at least 1-2 hours. Overall, not a bad clad total for a shortened month.

My clad total for February:

Quarters: $29
Dimes: $15.40
Nickels: $3.10
Pennies: $2.69
Total: $50.19

An increase of $7.71 (18.15%) from the previous month.

Year-to-date:
Feb-finds-3.jpg

My trash totals went up considerably after buying the Nox. I empty my pockets and throw away all pull tabs, can shards, bottle caps, etc. before I leave the beach, but believe me, it was a lot.

Here are my notable finds:

Feb-finds.jpg

Misc: Three toy cars, a Star Wars "Legendary Outlaw Star Lord" button, another gridded Santeria token, a "Get Lost" pinback button, and a tooth-shaped metal nugget that I saved as a memento.

Coins: 3 Wheat cents and two modern British Queen Elizabeth coins.

Jewelry: I found more jewelry this month but everything was fake (99% sure), except a ring with the mark: S 925 ALE 52. A Google search revealed that ALE = Pandora. It's badly tarnished. I suppose it's real, but I could be wrong (diamonds tested negative). Other items: A giant hoop earring, a bling earring with a ring attached (diamonds tested negative), four small charms, and another tarnished ladies ring with no markings. It may be silver due to the VDI, but not sure (diamonds tested negative). The most interesting find was a letter "C" bracelet (gold plated?) with a very thin chain. It's amazing to me how it's still intact. I think the only reason I found it was because of the circular piece in the center that set off my detector. Otherwise, it's so thin that it probably wouldn't have made a beep.

That's it for the "good" stuff.

Now here's the ugly stuff:

Feb-finds-2.jpg

Of course, more crusty pennies. Hundreds of them. I'll buy a tumbler when the container is full. I'll be happy if I can get a 50% yield out of that. There are a few coppers in there.

A bunch of badly damaged coins. I can't make out what they are. Will probably throw them away.

A damaged pair of women's sunglasses. Seven keys, a couple of key chains, and a hinge.

A few more lead sinkers (scrap metal!) and a colorful fishing lure. The strangest find is a black "True Strike" throwing knife (worthless in that condition).

Let's see if March brings gold...

Welcome to my world ! Except the trash pile is lacking syringes and condom wrappers...

That's an impressive amount in the clad department! I have found that same Pandora ring. Try cleaning it by hand/finger rubbing "Bar Keeper's Friend". That'll easily sell on Ebay. I try hand rubbing stuff first before the tumbler.

All of that I see the Big one coming! Nice total on the cash to!!

Back
Top Bottom