Sterling silver butter knife saves the day!

coin whisperer

Elite Member
Today I hunted a house built in 1910. The front yard was super tiny but the back yard had some size. I could tell some portions of the back yard had some dirt movement but the further back I got I noticed that natural undisturbed soil we all love. I did not find many old coins at all but did manage to find a dateless buff I believe is a raised mound first year 1913 and a wheatie. I only found a few clad coins as well. The find of the day was a sterling butter knife which is a first for me. I also found a few relics including a broken skeleton key and a few buckles. Ty for looking and HH!
38004c748838bd005326ad2318186fd3.jpg
c65e94defca4d832bcad08edb87165e8.jpg
9d1c379d12182fbc225cf99e92eee015.jpg
e6627a903e6709d9c02e5bf96c3bc744.jpg
6df2df7e973d0b6432a8781d00178f5e.jpg
7d62d1899a1bfa43b54880e0a53920c7.jpg
0c934c29848ca2f3eac97e7e0957b248.jpg
55a09b1e8f89085ee63aea80f7989666.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lived in a house built in 1911. That yard was full of surprises like that. Mostly old coins and buttons, but it was still a rush each time you find something.

You can tell you found some old dirt for sure. A full intact sterling knife is buttery sweet too...congrats!

I see what you did there lol!

I lived in a house built in 1911. That yard was full of surprises like that. Mostly old coins and buttons, but it was still a rush each time you find something.

I love those older yards!

What’s a master butter knife?

It's a common term for those offset butter knives with the pointed end, like you dug. I think they called it a master knife, because it was passed around to everyone at the table, with a plate of butter pats. The pointed end is used to "stick and pick" a butter pat...or three. Never more than three. Then you are to use your individual dinner knife(the long, serrated butter knife to the right of your plate) for spreading the butter. ...and always remember to extend the pinky finger! :lol:

It's a common term for those offset butter knives with the pointed end, like you dug. I think they called it a master knife, because it was passed around to everyone at the table, with a plate of butter pats. The pointed end is used to "stick and pick" a butter pat...or three. Never more than three. Then you are to use your individual dinner knife(the long, serrated butter knife to the right of your plate) for spreading the butter. ...and always remember to extend the pinky finger! :lol:

Oh lol!!

Ha!

The buckles and relics are really cool, but that silver knife is awesome..Congrats on that, as well as the rest

Ty very much!

That sterling butter knife is a MUCH better find than a silver rosie or merc (unless it's a 1916D!).

That Sterling Knife is a very nifty recovery Vic, don't see a lot of those posted.A very nice outing with some nice relics. You know I have never gotten my coil over any Sterling Utensil, lot of plated stuff but nothing that was solid. Congrats! Trapper

That Sterling Knife is a very nifty recovery Vic, don't see a lot of those posted.A very nice outing with some nice relics. You know I have never gotten my coil over any Sterling Utensil, lot of plated stuff but nothing that was solid. Congrats! Trapper

Ty jack and I did it again today lol

Back
Top Bottom