A merc, campaign thimble, and the Lone Ranger

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
A couple of evenings ago, I went back to the old country club to continue my second grid using a lower recovery rate on the 800, and was happy with the results. The first find, about 8" deep, was a campaign thimble (odd choice) for Frank Mondells unsuccessful run for the WY US senate seat in 1922.

https://history.house.gov/People/Detail/18401

It got crushed pretty good, but it is great to add a bit of WY history to my collection. The second good find was the 1943 merc that was taken about 6" deep. That makes it five silvers from the country club so far.

IMG_0991.jpg

Yesterday I returned to the ghost town, and found some interesting relics, along with 3 wheat pennies with the oldest one being a 1918.

IMG_0993.JPG

IMG_0996.JPG

I think the little key is from a jewelry box, but unfortunately I didnt find any jewels around it. The Lone Ranger deputy badge was an awesome find. Its made pretty solid, and at first I thought it might be a law enforcement badge, until I cleaned it up. I found an example online, and it appears to be from the 50's.

https://picclick.com/VINTAGE-1950s-...DGE-METAL-COLORED-STONES-ON-113867829649.html

If this had any rhinestones in it, they fell out long ago. Thanks for looking, and HH!

Haha that's awesome! Lone ranger badge might just be on my bucket list now Lol!

Last edited:
Haha that's awesome! Lone ranger badge might just be on my bucket list not Lol!

Thank you

Congrats on the nice assortment of finds! Old campaign stuff is always pretty interesting to find.

Thank you

Love that Lone Ranger badge...very cool finds

Thank you

good pix. Good object ID play-by-play.

Thanks, Tom. Love the history when it can be found. I also have a map of the ghost town which REALLY helps.

Great bunch of finds! Congrats

Thanks, jonny

Congrats and HiHo Silver.

Thank you

Really nice finds.….Congrats.

Thank you

When I was a younger child I had a LONE RANGER BADGE ,,,, That brought memories back to me,,,,, THANKS now I feel old :laughing: ,,,, Congrats on your find,,,

Is the thimble silver? I desperately wanna find a silver thimble lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom