Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Sunspot Scoops
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Stories and Pictures of Finds

Old 11-08-2018, 06:33 PM
Elite Member

Default I Almost Didn't Go Detecting Today

I loaded up my SUV last night with my detectors and gear so I could get an early start. I didn't sleep worth a flip last night so when morning rolled around I just laid in bed and watched the Sun come up. I finally got up and drank a few cups of coffee and ate a bowl of oatmeal. My wife said since I wasn't going detecting I could go to the grocery store with her. I told her that I was going detecting.

Anyhow the first site I went to was a mid-fifties home that I have pounded before. There wasn't much left except for few pennies and one silver Rosie dime, so I decide to head out to another site that I haven't detected. It was another mid-fifties home.

Right off the bat I got my search coil over another Rosie dime and started finding a bunch of wheat pennies. I detected that yard for a couple of hours before deciding to head for the house. I managed to find 4 silver coins out of that yard. I was impressed how well the CTX was finding nickels. I found a total of 8 with one being a War Nickel.

beephead
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2018, 06:44 PM
Elite Member

We're glad you went detecting today, nice finds.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:29 PM
Supporter

Nice little 5 silver day sir!

Old 11-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Elite Member

great day...congrats on the silver

Old 11-08-2018, 09:35 PM

Beep- That beats the heck out of tagging along on a trip to the grocery store!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett Propointer II, Gray Ghost Headphones, Wilcox 102 digger
~ This message was composed entirely from recycled electrons ~

Old 11-08-2018, 09:52 PM
Elite Member

Very nice finds! When did you get a ctx?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-08-2018, 10:12 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by coin whisperer View post
Very nice finds! When did you get a ctx?

I got it from Craig a while back. I got that sucker programmed right. It's hot on nickels and silver coins. It's almost like cheating when you use a CTX. lol

beephead

Old 11-08-2018, 10:24 PM
Supporter

Fine mess of treasures you got there! Always like your photo views.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:44 PM
Elite Member

Better a late start than not getting out at all. The CTX never amazes me when it comes to Silver. I have now recovered over 800 Silver Coins since getting my 3030. The machine has been simply amazing for me. Congrats Beep on a very nice 5 Silver day. Trapper

Old 11-09-2018, 03:38 AM
Elite Member

" My wife said since I wasn't going detecting I could go to the grocery store with her. I told her that I was going detecting."

LOL!! That exactly like my house! Congrats on the silver!

Old 11-09-2018, 06:48 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by beephead View post
I got it from Craig a while back. I got that sucker programmed right. It's hot on nickels and silver coins. It's almost like cheating when you use a CTX. lol

beephead

Iíve been trying to tell you guys since 2013 that the ctx is a bad machine! Iíve found over 700 silvers with mine since then and lots of nickels lol

Old 11-09-2018, 07:13 AM
Elite Member

Good job finding the motivation to go detecting and digging up some nice keepers! 50s homes are my go to sites for finding some easy silver.

White's TREASUREpro

Old 11-09-2018, 08:30 AM

Yep I can see it now Beep, cashiers, customers, and others at the grocery store looking over their shoulders pointing and whispering.....

It's her again, here by herself...that's the lady that says her husband METAL DETECTS all hours of the day and sometimes at night even...then all goes quiet across the store as other shoppers just shake they're heads up and down the soap and dog food aisle..

Then in a low quiet voice, a lonely cashier is overheard mumbling to himself....Well, "I metal detect too" then watches as several of his customers change lanes...

We understand here on the forum Beep, just make sure she has batteries on the list and keep your chin up...!

Kawasaki Mule Trans Diesel XP Deus 5.2 w/X35 XP Mi6 pinpointer Etraq w/Sunray X1 Bandido 2 Umax, Garrett Z Lynk wireless, Tesoro Tejon, Lobo Super Traqs (2), Troy Shadow X2, Tesoro Mojave, Tiny Tec Pinpointer 3 shovels and a lot of batteries.

Last edited by normx2; 11-09-2018 at 08:53 AM.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:53 AM
Supporter

Look at that. Awesome finds. Love seeing silver in the hole!

Old 11-09-2018, 11:34 AM
Supporter

My wife said since I wasn't going detecting I could go to the grocery store with her. I told her that I was going detecting.
beephead
Sometimes all a guy needs is the right motivation!
Nice Hunt Beep!

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:25 PM
Elite Member

Five silver coins in a picture is almost enough to make me go detecting BUT I had the New Shingles vaccine yesterday and my body is objecting highly. Not actually feeling like doing anything. Heck I am aching like I had the flu. But I had shingles many years ago while out under an ocean on one of Uncle Sams Submarines and I would not wish that pain on anyone not even my enemies.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by pinheadken View post
" My wife said since I wasn't going detecting I could go to the grocery store with her. I told her that I was going detecting."

LOL!! That exactly like my house! Congrats on the silver!
My wife has scored over six 1880-1910 houses last week. She is at the point where she wants to go detecting and I can go to the store, hahaha!

Old 11-09-2018, 01:35 PM
Elite Member

Nice to rack up more silvers for the year, nice hunt!

Old 11-09-2018, 04:01 PM

I loaded up my SUV last night with my detectors and gear so I could get an early start. I didn't sleep worth a flip last night so when morning rolled around I just laid in bed and watched the Sun come up. I finally got up and drank a few cups of coffee and ate a bowl of oatmeal. My wife said since I wasn't going detecting I could go to the grocery store with her. I told her that I was going detecting.

Anyhow the first site I went to was a mid-fifties home that I have pounded before. There wasn't much left except for few pennies and one silver Rosie dime, so I decide to head out to another site that I haven't detected. It was another mid-fifties home.

Right off the bat I got my search coil over another Rosie dime and started finding a bunch of wheat pennies. I detected that yard for a couple of hours before deciding to head for the house. I managed to find 4 silver coins out of that yard. I was impressed how well the CTX was finding nickels. I found a total of 8 with one being a War Nickel.

beephead
Congrats on the great finds!

Old 11-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Supporter

Well heck, aren't you glad didn't?!