5 Silver Day Highlights This Report, Pic Happy

jack&jill

Elite Member
Been a couple of weeks since my last thread. Most of you know I hit #300 last Sunday on a hunt with Dewsweeper and IDX Monster. Well that was four hunts ago. Today a group of us got together again over at the brew city. We were joined by Air Force Mike, Dew's Son Bret and Wayne (whats buried). I left early but I can say everybody dug Shine so I think we can call the hunt a success. For me I dug 4 Silver Coins including a Barber Half and a chunky Sterling Ring. Pictures are from all the hunts since my last report including last Sunday's hunt that produced my 300th Silver coin. (1929 Merc) With the addition of these coins my FTY count now stands at 308. Until the next. Trapper

Attachments

• 9-13-18.jpg
    9-13-18.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 507
  • 9-14-18 1.jpg
    9-14-18 1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 509
  • 9-14-18.jpg
    9-14-18.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 503
  • 9-15-18.jpg
    9-15-18.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 518
  • 9-16-18.jpg
    9-16-18.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 496
  • 9-21-18 .jpg
    9-21-18 .jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 477
  • 9-20-18 1 .jpg
    9-20-18 1 .jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 484
  • 9-20-18 .jpg
    9-20-18 .jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 474
  • 9-19-18 .jpg
    9-19-18 .jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 494
  • 9-16-18 1.jpg
    9-16-18 1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 511
  • 9-22-18 2 .jpg
    9-22-18 2 .jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 498
  • 9-22-18 1 .jpg
    9-22-18 1 .jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 470
  • 9-22-18 3 .jpg
    9-22-18 3 .jpg
    145 KB · Views: 487
  • 9-22-18 .jpg
    9-22-18 .jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:
What a blast ! Congratulations on the big girl Trap and the others . I can only. Ring a rosy to the party of I think 13 between all of us . Bret had a nice washington and I'll add to the photos đź‘Ť
Great to see the gang again. ,Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1796.jpg
    IMG_1796.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 479
Photo

Photo

Attachments

• IMG_1787.jpg
    IMG_1787.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_1795.jpg
    IMG_1795.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_1793.jpg
    IMG_1793.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_1790.jpg
    IMG_1790.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 470
Still killing it! Congrats on the old half and other great finds.

Wow jack what a fantastic week! Congrats!
Thanks Jeff, Actually cover 2 weeks, guess I'm slowing down.:yes:
You are doing great!!!! Keep up the great work
Appreciate your reply Vic, thank you. This has been one heck of a year. I would have never thought possible.
What a blast ! Congratulations on the big girl Trap and the others . I can only. Ring a rosy to the party of I think 13 between all of us . Bret had a nice washington and I'll add to the photos đź‘Ť
Great to see the gang again. ,Dew
Thanks Brad it was a fun day. Glad to see Bret again and watch him perform his magic. "Do you want to play the coin game". When I left the count was eleven what else was found?
Still killing it! Congrats on the old half and other great finds.
Thank you Jerry. I had a pretty good day and the Half and the chunky Sterling were the first good digs for the day. I think this is the 9th Silver Half for me this year. Trapper

Thanks Brad it was a fun day. Glad to see Bret again and watch him perform his magic. "Do you want to play the coin game". When I left the count was eleven what else was found?

What's'S Burried had this merc wile you were there .
I know airforce mike had a merc and added another little amaizing charm to go with his other one.
iDX came threw I think and added one to go along with his silver bullion bracelet

Attachments

• IMG_1797.jpg
    IMG_1797.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_1789.jpg
    IMG_1789.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 449
Last edited:
How often can a group say that EVERYONE found silver,hunting public parks? We had 6 guys that did it today! It’s one of those places because of where it is,you can just SMELL the coins,they are there. Maybe not just jumping out of the ground but with time,many more can be harvested.
Spending the day with a group of guys who I genuinely call “friends” is the best find of the day. Nobody here is “better than you” or pretentious or an a-hole...it’s all very relaxed,yet competitive at the same time,we all want to make that great find. It’s crazy we ALL came through,but we worked for it. Hunting the Lake Michigan shoreline was absolutely hypnotizing,I completely understand why people like to be around big water!
The record just keeps on trucking for Trapper,even though they say silver isn’t magnetic,I’d like to dispute that! HE IS a silver magnet,much like I’m a fat chick magnet. Him...good. Me....not so much.:lol:
And for the coup de grace,Mike comes wheelin’ up in his metal detecting outfit,a very nice military themed Wrangler. If you have ANY doubts as to his seriousness about detecting,well...the pics say it all.
Thanks to these guys for a great day! As mentioned before,the benefits of hunting with others sometimes aren’t tangible,it’s a feeling of being part of a “team” of sorts, a feeling of belonging. To be accepted and respected for who you are while giving the same in return...again,the best find of the day.

Attachments

• 3B03F519-DCCE-45B3-8229-B4E0A30699B1.jpg
    3B03F519-DCCE-45B3-8229-B4E0A30699B1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 451
J&j you're killin the silva! Nice saves!!
Thanks Metal, it has been a very fantastic year for me. First because I got to retire and now this unbelievable year I am having with the detector.
That's one huge haul of goodies, congrats on all of them.Your silver haul has to be through the roof,that lock is really cool too..
Appreciate your reply Pete, thank you. The last few weeks I have had some odd finds for me with the buttons and now this old lock. Looking forward to the end of the year report for the Silver.

Big T had this merc wile you were there . I know airforce mike had a merc and added another little amaizing charm to go with his other one.
iDX came threw I think and added one to go along with his silver bullion bracelet i
Thanks for the update Brad. The Charm is amazingly pretty, funny that it is 935 instead of 925. Hope Bret enjoy the day, I know he liked the shovel.
Killer finds!!! Awesome hunt... congrats!!!
Thank you Outlaw for your response. Today's hunt with these guys was really a lot of fun. Everyone of them are great to hunt with and all are very very good at it. Trapper

Big T had this merc wile you were there . I know airforce mike had a merc and added another little amaizing charm to go with his other one.
iDX came threw I think and added one to go along with his silver bullion bracelet i

Just for clarity...Wayne,who we went with today and goes by the name “what’s buried” here on the forum is NOT Big T. Big T is “Big Treble”,aka Craig,who we also hunt with,but not today. Besides,I KNOW he wasn’t there cuz that sonobeech is HARD to miss!:grin:

That’s a whole lotta swinging Minelabs! Ha! Looked like a fun outing! Nice job guys

That’s a whole lotta swinging Minelabs! Ha! Looked like a fun outing! Nice job guys

Yep,4 gens of Minelabs present...Explorer2,eTrac,(2)CTX,(2)Equinox. Plus backups in the vehicles...:lol: I don’t really know how else to put it,I was a DIE HARD Whites guy for a few years. But when my old deep silver coin count SKYROCKETED the minute I got a Minelab...it’s just game over,period.

Yep,4 gens of Minelabs present...Explorer2,eTrac,(2)CTX,(2)Equinox. Plus backups in the vehicles...:lol: I don’t really know how else to put it,I was a DIE HARD Whites guy for a few years. But when my old deep silver coin count SKYROCKETED the minute I got a Minelab...it’s just game over,period.

Couldn’t agree anymore...

Back
Top Bottom