IHP and now I have to throw up...

teotwawki12

Elite Member
I made a deal with the kiddo....we detect in the morning and we can go to the county fair in the afternoon. She actually didn't sit in the shade on the Ipad as I expected; she was my assigned pinpointer and found all the stuff after I dug a plug. That was pretty fun, as long as you are patient with someone walking right in your swing path and putting the shovel near the coil (overload!) and snatching coins out of your hand before you can properly scratch the dirt off of the date... In a few hours at an abandoned farm house we got 9 wheat cents (two 1918 variety, which she found cool being exactly 100 years old) and the last find was an 1881 IHP (woohoo!, love em). A few headstamps, axe head, sad iron, and a nice looking intact mason jar insert rounded out the day.

So I made good on the deal and, two corndogs, two elephant ears, and a couple rides on the tilt-a-whirl and some giant spinning nightmare of an umbrella ride and I still think I'm going to vomit any second...… too old for this, um, crud.

Attachments

• KIMG0202.jpg
    KIMG0202.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 629
  • KIMG0203.jpg
    KIMG0203.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 567
  • KIMG0204.jpg
    KIMG0204.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 644
  • KIMG0205.jpg
    KIMG0205.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 565
  • KIMG0201 (2).jpg
    KIMG0201 (2).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 574
Nice score! Indian heads are one of my favorites,any old copper coins.Sounds like a good day,got to eat,ride and found a lot of great stuff,,Congrats

I think the best find of the day was the time you shared with your daughter, you won't find anything in the dirt worth more than that😊

Congrats on the quality finds and the quality time with the kiddo! That mason jar insert is sweet! All of the ones I find all have the same common markings on them.

Nice hunt and great time spent with your daughter! Priceless!

Indians are always a cool find - even cooler in shades!

I like the mason jar insert too - great keepers when they come out intact.

At a quick glance it looks likes that indian is wearing a oversize sunglasses :cool:

That's all I see now that you pointed it out!!

I believe it's the very rare Roy Orbison Indian head. Also known as "the pretty women".

:laughing: :laughing:

Pretty sure the tilt o whirl was designed originally as a torture device. I can't stand that thing. BCD

Of all things, the Tilt-o-whirl is my oldest daughter's favorite ride at Cedar Point (granted she won't hit any of the major coasters yet, so that might change!) Anywho, the last time we went, she and I literally went on it at least 30 times in a row! I think she loves it for two reasons: first, few others ride it so you can keep getting right back on like a revolving door, and second I've sort of mastered the "whirl" part of the ride - I can lean just right to get that thing spinning like a gyroscope!! :lol:

I am queezy just thinking about that.

BCD

Nice hunt and great time spent with your daughter! Priceless!

Indians are always a cool find - even cooler in shades!

I like the mason jar insert too - great keepers when they come out intact.

That's all I see now that you pointed it out!!

:laughing: :laughing:

Of all things, the Tilt-o-whirl is my oldest daughter's favorite ride at Cedar Point (granted she won't hit any of the major coasters yet, so that might change!) Anywho, the last time we went, she and I literally went on it at least 30 times in a row! I think she loves it for two reasons: first, few others ride it so you can keep getting right back on like a revolving door, and second I've sort of mastered the "whirl" part of the ride - I can lean just right to get that thing spinning like a gyroscope!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom