• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

1946 Liberty Walking Half-near uncirculated condition

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
I headed out this morning to go to a park, unfortunately, but fortunately I missed my exit. So I decided to make the most of it. I saw an old abandoned 1940's commercial building so I decided to hit it. Pretty much right from the start targets were everywhere.

About two hours into the game, I got a high reading VDI, so I dug it. It was a good 7" down that I found this beautiful, near uncirculated condition 1946 Walking Half. The half was masked with two wheats, one one each side about 6" apart from the half. It was found in an over grown brush area.

The attached photos do not give it justice. There are no scratches or wear on it. After I lightly cleaned it up it looks as though it was just freshly minted.

Plus I found possibly some type of Ben Franklin commemorative coin/token...I think. I still need to research that.

In short, a productive day considering all the clad that were mostly 4" and deeper and the 16 wheats.

Attachments

• Coins Silver Half 062118 001.jpg
    Coins Silver Half 062118 001.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 520
  • Coins Silver Half 062118 003.jpg
    Coins Silver Half 062118 003.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 487
  • Coins Silver Half 062118 004.jpg
    Coins Silver Half 062118 004.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 507
  • Coins Silver Half 062118 005.jpg
    Coins Silver Half 062118 005.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 491
Thank you!

Nicest looking coin ever made, congrats on that save! it sure don't look circulated,great condition

Thanks woodbutcher! At first I thought it was an aluminum can lid, so glad it wasn't.

Great finds!

Thanks WyoTom! It feels good to something on the board again.

A super nice recovery JAK. That is a beautiful coin. Congrats! Trapper

Thanks Trapper! Good luck was with me yesterday, as in accidentally finding this location and more so with the coin.

Walking Half's ... what beautiful looking coins - a big congrats !

Thanks E-TRAC-OHIO! The Walker is in like mint condition. The fine detail in the dress and rim is amazing. I only wish my pics were better.

Wow, awesome save!

Thanks ynnek4! What is interesting, is the date/year connection of the building's corner stone date, that too was 1946.

Nice finds

Thanks BRJ123! I just put the coil in the right place this time.

Beautiful coin....How is that even possible!

Thanks Kansashunter! The coin is in better condition that a new coin is coming straight from the bank.

Awesome coin and way to go!

Thanks GroundSweeper! Naturally, I am very glad that I did not scratch it with my shovel going that deep to retrieving it.

Wow what a nice looking walker, I've only found 2 , but nothing since I got back into the hobby. Congratulations

Thanks BuscaPlata! I am figuring it got lost the same day it was put into circulation and stayed in the ground for 72 years.

Wow that's a great walker half, just gorgeous. And at 7 inches down that's fairly deep for a larger coin!

Thank you!

Beautiful find, improvising paid off. Congratulations.

Thanks 3.14R8! I was glad I was able to make lemon aid for lemons. Some days things just work out.

It doesn't get much better than that! You need to start missing more exits:lol:

Thanks NCtoad! Condition, condition, condition...at least with this one. The rim edges are as sharp as knife.

Excellent hunt...congrats on the big silver, 16 wheats and over $10 in clad!

Thanks Captain Silver! If I could only have more days like this. But then again, I am just as happy with this one.

Love it. Wtg!

Thanks Silver Bandit! It is a special find for me.

Excellent work...thanks for sharing.

Thanks Dirty Nails! I am just grateful just to share this one.

That's the best condition dug Walker I've ever seen posted. Awesome quality find. Nice job.

Thanks Stiffwrists! All the details are crisp and clean. The rim is near flawless.

Wow that's a great walker half, just gorgeous. And at 7 inches down that's fairly deep for a larger coin!

Thanks Big Treble! It appears the area had been hunted before. What saved this half for me to find is, I believe that it was masked by a couple of cents coins.

Back
Top Bottom