• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Honker - Follow Up, Owner Found!

I always wondered about "The rest of the story" about stuff I found.
I would love to be able to help locate history in places I can't MD.
We are losing history everyday.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

That's all good stuff.
I'm going to put that link in my bookmarks, to use it on those occasions you get questioned by authorities, to point out this is what me and my friends do.
Thanks for the great post. Sure can make a person (you) feel good about themselves.

Now that was an awesome story!! I hope someday I can find and reunite someone with a class ring!! Kuddos to you!!!!

Great article! A ring find and return is on my bucket list for detecting!

For those who have private messaged me about also metal detecting Union College, please stop asking, the college has a VERY strict policy against detecting and does prosecute, so don't sneak on campus day or night, they don't fool around.

It took months of convincing the upper level administration to allow me to detect, and the agreement was that I hand everything over to the college archivists, which I do - the reward for me is that faculty on campus live in historical homes in the area and has gained me a nice amount of permissions.

Great story! O only with they would have gotten the difference between detector and detectorist correct. It is a mistake I, myself, have made in the past so I guess it is kinda like a pet peave... :no:

Great story! O only with they would have gotten the difference between detector and detectorist correct. It is a mistake I, myself, have made in the past so I guess it is kinda like a pet peave... :no:

That mixup is funny in the English TV series "The detectorist". The metal detector club members are always correcting people who call them detectors or metal detectors. Highly recommend this TV series about metal detecting. Very accurate representation of English and for that matter American metal detectors (opps, I mean) detectorists. I think it is on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Back
Top Bottom