Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Coiltek electronics
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Coinshooters and Relic Hunters

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-13-2018, 05:58 PM
jwp1964's Avatar
jwp1964 jwp1964 is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maryville, TN
Posts: 8,941
Default Mini Jamflicker Hunt, Silver #42

Hit a spot Iíve hunted dozens of times. Used a trick I see JD use a lot...lowered the sensitivity and got a few keepers from the trashy ground.








Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

__________________
XP Deus, 2018: (42) Silver, (80) Wheats, (3) V Nick, (5) Buffs, (12) IHC, (9) Tokens () Gold, (5) Sterling, ($92.47) clad

Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 06-13-2018, 06:10 PM
jack&jill's Avatar
jack&jill jack&jill is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In Wisconsin's now thawed Tundra
Posts: 8,034
Default

A nice adjustment Jerry, congrats on digging number 42. I see you learning a little more from Jamflicker as you came home with a marble. Trapper

__________________
2018 175 Sil. 4 Ster 3 IH 322 Wt's 160.04 clad 2017 167 Wt's, 2 IH's, 107 Sil, $102.13 clad, 6-925 Ster.,

Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 06-13-2018, 06:17 PM
Tom_in_CA's Avatar
Tom_in_CA Tom_in_CA is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,824
Default

Tricks from Jam-flicker ?? What does Jamflicker know ? I never see him post any oldies or silver. If you *think* you see show & tell posts showing otherwise, that's merely him buying from coin stores and ebay. The he cleverly stages them in "in-situ" pix to make it look like real angling action.
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 06-13-2018, 06:53 PM
jwp1964's Avatar
jwp1964 jwp1964 is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maryville, TN
Posts: 8,941
Default

Originally Posted by jack&jill View post
A nice adjustment Jerry, congrats on digging number 42. I see you learning a little more from Jamflicker as you came home with a marble. Trapper
Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View post
Tricks from Jam-flicker ?? What does Jamflicker know ? I never see him post any oldies or silver. If you *think* you see show & tell posts showing otherwise, that's merely him buying from coin stores and ebay. The he cleverly stages them in "in-situ" pix to make it look like real angling action.
Thanks guys. When I get a marble and Merc I think of Jam's posts, lol.

__________________
XP Deus, 2018: (42) Silver, (80) Wheats, (3) V Nick, (5) Buffs, (12) IHC, (9) Tokens () Gold, (5) Sterling, ($92.47) clad

Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 06-13-2018, 08:17 PM
Tom_in_CA's Avatar
Tom_in_CA Tom_in_CA is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,824
Default

Ok, I confess, he *might* really be finding all that silver. But this is why those of us in northern CA force him to stay south of the Santa Barbara parallel. We don't want him up here taking all our silver. After all, we wouldn't want any "accidents", would we ?
Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 06-13-2018, 08:23 PM
GroundSweeper's Avatar
GroundSweeper GroundSweeper is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Placer Co., CA
Posts: 13,529
Default

Way to funny a post title just need some clipped silvers to add. Awesome hunt btw

__________________
2 Compadres : 2018 (Total (4/4/13 to date)) - Clad: $62.45 ($703.95), Silver coins: 0 (5), Wheats: 4 (33), Gold: 4 (22), .925 4 (53), Rings: 19 (159), Oldest Coin: 1921 Ten Centavos Filipinas; Chinese cash coin

Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 06-13-2018, 08:40 PM
jwp1964's Avatar
jwp1964 jwp1964 is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maryville, TN
Posts: 8,941
Default

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View post
Ok, I confess, he *might* really be finding all that silver. But this is why those of us in northern CA force him to stay south of the Santa Barbara parallel. We don't want him up here taking all our silver. After all, we wouldn't want any "accidents", would we ?

Hahaha. Why not let him have at it. He might actually find some silver up there, 🤣🤣

Originally Posted by GroundSweeper View post
Way to funny a post title just need some clipped silvers to add. Awesome hunt btw

Thanks GS. The first thing I thought of after the marble was now I need a lawn mower coin.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

__________________
XP Deus, 2018: (42) Silver, (80) Wheats, (3) V Nick, (5) Buffs, (12) IHC, (9) Tokens () Gold, (5) Sterling, ($92.47) clad

Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 06-13-2018, 08:52 PM
hikerdude hikerdude is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California High Desert
Posts: 1,025
Default

I agree, finding a silver dime (merc) and a marble reminds me of Jammy too.
I would be posting finds but I don't know how. I will say, I found an 1897-s Half Dollar yesterday, a key date. My only coin worth fore than $20.00 in my six years of hunting. Yeah, I put two small gouge marks on the obverse, otherwise it's hardly worn. I also found a Barber Dime the hole before the Half.
Anyway, finding a Mercury Dime always makes my day so congrates jwp. I played marbles when I was a kid, back more than 60 years ago.
HH everyone
Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 06-13-2018, 09:53 PM
jack&jill's Avatar
jack&jill jack&jill is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In Wisconsin's now thawed Tundra
Posts: 8,034
Default

Originally Posted by hikerdude View post
I agree, finding a silver dime (merc) and a marble reminds me of Jammy too.
I would be posting finds but I don't know how. I will say, I found an 1897-s Half Dollar yesterday, a key date. My only coin worth fore than $20.00 in my six years of hunting. Yeah, I put two small gouge marks on the obverse, otherwise it's hardly worn. I also found a Barber Dime the hole before the Half.
Anyway, finding a Mercury Dime always makes my day so congrates jwp. I played marbles when I was a kid, back more than 60 years ago.
HH everyone
Congrats Hiker on the Barbers and your right over 60 years back I played with the marbles also. Now 60 some years later they are still ralttling in between my ears. Trapper

__________________
2018 175 Sil. 4 Ster 3 IH 322 Wt's 160.04 clad 2017 167 Wt's, 2 IH's, 107 Sil, $102.13 clad, 6-925 Ster.,

Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 06-13-2018, 10:51 PM
kingman mikey's Avatar
kingman mikey kingman mikey is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kingman, Arizona Route 66
Posts: 1,324
Default

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View post
Ok, I confess, he *might* really be finding all that silver. But this is why those of us in northern CA force him to stay south of the Santa Barbara parallel. We don't want him up here taking all our silver. After all, we wouldn't want any "accidents", would we ?
I know you guys up north find all them gold coins. lol.

__________________
Fisher f 70,Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger,Oldest coins 1900 o 1906 o Barber Dime,1916 s 1917 1919 1926 Mercs ' 42 d Walker,'54 Ben F. 1887 Std. Dime.

Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 06-13-2018, 11:00 PM
twizzlerlord twizzlerlord is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 387
Default

Congrats on the nice finds!
Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 06-13-2018, 11:52 PM
jwp1964's Avatar
jwp1964 jwp1964 is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maryville, TN
Posts: 8,941
Default

Originally Posted by twizzlerlord View post
Congrats on the nice finds!


Thanks TL.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

__________________
XP Deus, 2018: (42) Silver, (80) Wheats, (3) V Nick, (5) Buffs, (12) IHC, (9) Tokens () Gold, (5) Sterling, ($92.47) clad

Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 06-14-2018, 12:03 AM
WyoTom's Avatar
WyoTom WyoTom is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,196
Default

Congrats on the silver Jwp!

I donít know how you California guys do it?? Takes forever and a day to get anywhere here! Lol

__________________
CTX3030
YTD 2018 (94)Wheats (2)IHP (25)Silver coins
(0)Buffs (4)Vís (3)Tokens (1)Silver jewelry
(3)Gold jewelry ($41.82)Clad

Reply With Quote


  #14  
Old 06-14-2018, 12:38 AM
jwp1964's Avatar
jwp1964 jwp1964 is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maryville, TN
Posts: 8,941
Default

Originally Posted by WyoTom View post
Congrats on the silver Jwp!



I donít know how you California guys do it?? Takes forever and a day to get anywhere here! Lol


Thanks Wyo!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

__________________
XP Deus, 2018: (42) Silver, (80) Wheats, (3) V Nick, (5) Buffs, (12) IHC, (9) Tokens () Gold, (5) Sterling, ($92.47) clad

Reply With Quote


  #15  
Old 06-14-2018, 01:51 AM
Jamflicker's Avatar
Jamflicker Jamflicker is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 13,996
Default

Thereís a marble, nice! Congrats buddy!

__________________
Etrac Totals since 12/27/10 (2018) - Clad: $3048.22 ($150.67), Silver Coins: 1518 (108), Wheats: 6725 (553), .925: 257 (15), Marbles 747 (86), Oldest Coins: 1814 Large Cent, 1860 1/4 Reale, 1888 Seated Quarter

Reply With Quote


  #16  
Old 06-14-2018, 07:35 AM
jwp1964's Avatar
jwp1964 jwp1964 is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maryville, TN
Posts: 8,941
Default

Originally Posted by Jamflicker View post
Thereís a marble, nice! Congrats buddy!


Thanks Jam.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

__________________
XP Deus, 2018: (42) Silver, (80) Wheats, (3) V Nick, (5) Buffs, (12) IHC, (9) Tokens () Gold, (5) Sterling, ($92.47) clad

Reply With Quote


  #17  
Old 06-14-2018, 09:53 AM
Tom_in_CA's Avatar
Tom_in_CA Tom_in_CA is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,824
Default

Originally Posted by kingman mikey View post
I know you guys up north find all them gold coins. lol.
We've found 2 of ours down his way. But SSSssshhhh, don't tell Jam !
Reply With Quote


  #18  
Old 06-14-2018, 11:40 AM
Foragist's Avatar
Foragist Foragist is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chippewa Valley, Wisconsin
Posts: 550
Default

Nice report. There are places I should try that trick. I know it worked for me in the past, but I get lazy, and don't bother with tweaking any settings. This post in tweak-inspiring.
Reply With Quote


  #19  
Old 06-14-2018, 01:56 PM
jwp1964's Avatar
jwp1964 jwp1964 is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maryville, TN
Posts: 8,941
Default

Originally Posted by Foragist View post
Nice report. There are places I should try that trick. I know it worked for me in the past, but I get lazy, and don't bother with tweaking any settings. This post in tweak-inspiring.
GL with the tweaking, lol

__________________
XP Deus, 2018: (42) Silver, (80) Wheats, (3) V Nick, (5) Buffs, (12) IHC, (9) Tokens () Gold, (5) Sterling, ($92.47) clad

Reply With Quote


  #20  
Old 06-14-2018, 04:15 PM
Saoirse's Avatar
Saoirse Saoirse is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 417
Default

Nice merc, congrats

__________________
AT Pro | Nokta Impact

Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.