Two Days, Two silvers Pictures added

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Got out to two camps yesterday and today. Silvers are just getting a lot harder to come by at both. Got a toasted flashlight yesterday and a good flashlight today. Also a few odds and ends. The valve stem cover is old and heavy, too bad it is dented. Yesterdays silver is a 1957 rosey and today's is a 1901 Barber.

Digging nickels is a joke. Lots of 22 shells and a primer. A bunch of aluminum foil.

The one camp today had some jewelry in it. We were finding a lot of cut copper pieces by a standing chimney where a house burned. A ways away I found the home made cross and the store bought one. Both seem very old.

Tis fun in the woods. Tiring but fun. Only one wheat cent today, a 1920. Targets were just scarce today.

Last edited:
Nice hunting scuba, what a couple more weeks and you will be dunking the equinox? Looking forward to those reports for sure, congrats!

Nice hunting scuba, what a couple more weeks and you will be dunking the equinox? Looking forward to those reports for sure, congrats!

I hope to splash my boat next week. Getting a new stereo and replacing one of the batteries this week, I might be wading with the Nox soon but not diving.

I don't wade in the Detroit river but I will wade in lake St Clair where I find newer gold and where I keep my boat moored.

Will see what the weather does.

What ? No gold rings ? We're bored. At LEAST you could have had another great LEO encounter to keep us on the edge our seats with . Tsk tsk. Yer slippin' there scuba :friends:

What ? No gold rings ? We're bored. At LEAST you could have had another great LEO encounter to keep us on the edge our seats with . Tsk tsk. Yer slippin' there scuba :friends:

I know I am slipping. Cops left me alone all last year even. I saw them 4 times when I was diving the Detroit river and they stayed clear. Maybe they don't enjoy having a tiger by the tail?

I hope to have a wonderful summer. New machine, new dock, new truck.

I think you are going to enjoy the debate on the thread I am going to start!

I know you would rather play in the water Bob but its been very pleasant following your post's of your dirt adventures. That and honest evaluations of the newest phenom machine. Just want to thank you for that. Congrats on adding a couple more Silver's to the count. Trapper

Last edited:
I know you would rather play in the water Bob but its been very pleasant following your post's of your dirt adventures. That and honest evaluations of the newest phenom machine. Just want to thank you for that. Congrats on adding a couple more Silver's. to the count. Trapper

The machine does what is intended. For those that learn it will be a nice light capable machine. It has many flaws for folks that rely on numbers.

Like the guy that found the monster class ring with his. He said it rang up a solid zinc penny signal, which I already knew. It is not the detector that finds things. It is the individual that decides to dig the signal given to him by the machine.

I have dug many many SOLID nickel signals, only to find foil, 22 short shells, smaller shot gun head stamps and other pieces of metal. Just because you get a solid 11 - 13 does not mean you will get a nickel.

Gold will be like any other machine. The machine will see a lot of it. Sometimes scratchy and broken signals. BUT it is up to the user to dig the iffy target and be surprised or get another piece of trash. That is the case with every machine out there.

I use this machine at least 3 days a week. I have dug some great deep targets ONLY because it is new to me and I am learning it. I have also dug a lot more trash than I did with my E-Trac.

I love how light it is and I can enjoy swinging it. I dislike the battery situation as I like to leave my toys in the truck. I forget to charge it sometimes.

The hype will die. Folks will not put found with a Nox in the title. A newer machine will replace it and the cycle will repeat.

I do believe folks find more things because it is a new detector and they are digging signals to learn it. NOT because it sees a lot more targets than their last machine.

I have pulled silver out of iron though but to be fair, I have done that a lot with my CZ's and my Tiger Sharks.

I will tell everyone ONE thing I dislike about the Equinox. A CAN or huge piece of metal will NOT give an overload signal. You will think you have a quarter 4 inches deep but you will have a can top or can slaw or some other piece of metal.

I didn't take a picture of all the copper pieces i dug and gave to Kevin. I will. They all gave wonderful coin sounds. Even pieces 3 inches square.

I like my overload signals in the water but would love them more on land with a land machine.

Last edited:
Great follow up answer ScuBob! “Scubob”....I just thought of that all on my own,can you believe it?:lol: Yeah,THAT sharp!;)
Anyhoo....I think you’re right in a lot of ways,people will try the machine and if it fits their needs,it’ll be a keeper. If not,it’ll land where it belongs eventually. Being waterproof and a good “low conductor” hunter,I can see it at the beach! Being faster and apparently a good separator,I can see it on turf sorting through the junk! But it has to mesh with the operator,like any unit. Every time I see a post that says,”I just didn’t get along with the CTX,it wasn’t for me,it was too heavy,it was too complicated,etc.” I think to myself,”How can this be?? It does fine for ME!” And that’s the key here,it has to have the operator who knows how to make the most of it,and who is willing to overlook any perceived shortcomings.
In all honesty,if I had bought my CTX and then didn’t find a damn thing with it,I would’ve sold it. I want to find older coins! That’s what the CTX does best for me. As long as the Equinox performs for the operator,no matter who it is,I’m sure it and any incarnations of it will be around for some time.
Don’t forget the cheeseheads are coming to visit this summer so save us a few targets will ya?:grin:

Back
Top Bottom