England: Coins & artefacts.

Doug

Elite Member
A varied number of finds from a mustard crop field, turnip field, and a corn stubble field.

Due to the crop rotation in these fields they are ploughed on a regular basis so none of the finds were particular deep.

Thanks for looking..........Doug.

Hammered silver coin just out of the ground.
ljUoIw1.jpg

Oil lamp wick adjuster top right, lead (gun)powder lead measure cap bottom right.
V7ssIX7.jpg

2nd to 4th century Roman coins.
1rtCjOa.jpg

Roman copper alloy spatula probe dating to AD 43-410.
lJcDoh3.jpg

e60QLPZ.jpg

Sherborne Half-Penny Token 1793 Dorset Bank.
X2h3cas.jpg

King James 1st 1603-25 penny.
hGPTRf8.jpg

Badger tooth?
mhI7YaS.jpg

Last edited:
Great finds. I love seeing what you guys can get on the other side of the Pond

Great Hunt and report! That might be a Donkey/horse tooth or off of some sort of similarly large ungulate?? Badgers have sharp pointy teeth like a fox...

Nice ones.
Thanks for sharing.

Wonder where I was in the year 1600? Lol

Thank you. 1600, possibly reading Minelab announce a new machine coming out called the Equ..........:D

Great finds. I love seeing what you guys can get on the other side of the Pond

Thank you.

Great finds there!

Thank you.

That king james coin is really cool! Very nice finds Doug!

Thank you.

Quite the date range! Some museum quality there. Wow!

Thank you.

Great finds once again Doug!

Thank you.

Those are some quality finds and artifacts! Congrats and thank you for sharing!:)

Thank you.

Great Hunt and report! That might be a Donkey/horse tooth or off of some sort of similarly large ungulate?? Badgers have sharp pointy teeth like a fox...

Thank you Mr Mud. Third generation running this farm now never had livestock on the farm although its possible the tooth was brought in with manure from other farms around the local area.

I see a whole lot dumped in the field today ready for spreading prior to ploughing.

Back
Top Bottom