Equinox 800 pulls Seated and Large cent

GKman

Forum Supporter
Hi Folks
Hope everyone is well out there. I was using the Equinox today at lunch time and working my way through a mess of bottle caps. This is one of those places that has been detected over and over again for years. In fact as I was detecting a guy stopped and said to me "Don't waste your time, we have been over this field a thousand times" ( or something like that, I was taking my headphones off when he first started talking). If he hadn't of said that I probably wouldn't have shown him what I found. But, it was too tempting. Ha, maybe that was his logic all along. Anyway we had a good talk, and know mutual other Detectorists. Nice guy.

The coins rang in real nice around 27 and were about eight inches deep. I was running park 2 with high sensitivity. Recovery speed was at 6 and Iron Bias at 2. I am seeing screw caps coming in as high as 24. The coins I have been digging have been above that so far (besides a buffalo nickel at another older less trashy site).
HH

Attachments

• seated.jpg
    seated.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 758
  • large.jpg
    large.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 749
  • both obverse.jpg
    both obverse.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 722
  • both reverse.jpg
    both reverse.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 708
Great finds. Really looking forward to getting my 600 and getting out in the field

New York. Should have guessed.

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Nice !!! Congrats on the beautiful Seated and large cent. Was the ID pretty stable on the coins at 8 inches?

Back
Top Bottom