Thrill of Victory...Agony of Defeat

goldpaninut

Well I went detecting at a couple schools I found yesterday, after a 2 month break due to illness and travel. I found a little over $6 of new change, and also a couple more items. My "victory" was this huge .925 silver ring that weighs .57 oz! It once held a nice stone of some kind, but its missing now. My agony of defeat was the "$20 gold coin" I was sure I had found. It was a strange signal and when I had dug the plug, 4" down I could see the reeded edge of a "gold coin". I about peed my pants......the only coin that thick just HAD to be a large gold coin! Photographing the recovery step by step, I documented my "agony".....lol It was nothing more that a threaded part of a lamp that holds the bulb assembly in!

Attachments

• IMG_5336.jpg
    IMG_5336.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_5337.jpg
    IMG_5337.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_5358.jpg
    IMG_5358.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_5362.jpg
    IMG_5362.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 478
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 474
I feel the Pain of finding one of those "Gold Coins" that are not gold. Detecting a city park that once was an old school. Dug a target and could see the yellow rim of a coin. With trembling hands i carefully extracted the coin and gently wiped some of the dirt off only to find a clad quarter that had been gold plated.

Folks should not play those kind of tricks on an old man it might give one a heart attack.

Back
Top Bottom