If Metal Detecting Is A Sport...Here's My 2 Day Relay...........

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

Started off yesterday, detecting some schools, then switched gears and today I hunted parks and then old picnic grounds. I was a busy feller......got lots of coins, and one of the parks gave up a nice silver ring!

Here's the ring, and some coins from the old picnic grounds.

Next stop today, a favorite place to dig up petrified wood. No metal detector required, just a good sense of eyesight. I dropped a large piece, showing some nice grains from the previous wood. I might go after work to retrieve it.

Here's the nicest piece of petrified wood from today. You can see where a branch once existed, and the top end has already began crystallizing. I like it!

And finally, the day was completed doing an old picnic ground. Below you can see the fruits of my labor metal detecting the old picnic grounds.

Attachments

• gb10.jpg
    gb10.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 540
Congrats, John-Edmonton! Nice haul of clad you got. :clapping: Cool ring and Wheat Penny! I wonder if you were to spend the $2 coin with the missing the middle if they would except it or not. :?:

That petrified wood is extremely neat (the bullets and casings are really cool too)! :mder:

Started off yesterday, detecting some schools, then switched gears and today I hunted parks and then old picnic grounds. I was a busy feller......got lots of coins, and one of the parks gave up a nice silver ring!

Here's the ring, and some coins from the old picnic grounds.

Next stop today, a favorite place to dig up petrified wood. No metal detector required, just a good sense of eyesight. I dropped a large piece, showing some nice grains from the previous wood. I might go after work to retrieve it.

Here's the nicest piece of petrified wood from today. You can see where a branch once existed, and the top end has already began crystallizing. I like it!

And finally, the day was completed doing an old picnic ground. Below you can see the fruits of my labor metal detecting the old picnic grounds.

You find some neat stuff. What setup are you using to photograph them? your pictures are always gorgeous. Looks like a nice little light box.

Congrats, John-Edmonton! Nice haul of clad you got. :clapping: Cool ring and Wheat Penny! I wonder if you were to spend the $2 coin with the missing the middle if they would except it or not. :?:

That petrified wood is extremely neat (the bullets and casings are really cool too)! :mder:

That tonnie ring is worthless without the center. It's made out of nickel, too hard for me to make a ring out of. I just hope I can find a center somewhere, glue it in and buy a coffee!:compcoffee:

You find some neat stuff. What setup are you using to photograph them? your pictures are always gorgeous. Looks like a nice little light box.

I use a Nikon D3000 camera, with a macro lens. To get the best shots, you have to mount the camera on a tripod. I set the automatic timer, then manually hold a very bright light at the best distance and orientation to the target, and take several shots, picking the best one. Very simple. I am not a photographer my no means.

I use a Nikon D3000 camera, with a macro lens. To get the best shots, you have to mount the camera on a tripod. I set the automatic timer, then manually hold a very bright light at the best distance and orientation to the target, and take several shots, picking the best one. Very simple. I am not a photographer my no means.

Wow, impressive results. I'm getting a tripod next week. Will have to try this.

Which lens do you use? 105mm ?

Back
Top Bottom